• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

So called debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So called debt

Hi, I have checked my credit score and it looks quite good ,
    but out of the blue I've had Lowell send me a letter for a debt seemingly with eon even tho on my credit report it says all my account's with eon are closed and sit at a nill balance.
    Same with resolvecall they sent me a letter stating I owed shop direct but on my credit report my shop direct account has never been used, they then a week after sending a letter turned up at my address.
    Resolvecall asked if I was the person living at the address, I told them no and they said they would mark as not at the property.
    Please can you help me as I'm struggling with my mental health at the moment , I feel so bad for lying but I did not know what else to do.
    I've not had an eon account for over 6 years and the shop direct I opened a few years ago so don't understand how I can owe anything when I've never used it ?
    Thank you
    Tags: None

I have since been doing some digging and the eon debt is from Dec 2015 from an old address, what can I do about that now please?

Comment

tag MIKE770 tag atticus

If you can help I know this poster would appreciate it. Thanks Ula
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

This isn't really my area. R0b perhaps?

I think the OP needs to send SARs to find out the background. What are these debts? When was last payment made? When were default notices issued?

This information will help in ascertaining whether the OP can contest the claims or should try to come to an arrangement.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter send to EON no charge but get free proof posting keep copy on file.

Meantime to help us understand more actual detail i.e. last payment (Any back billing)? when you moved out. has a CCJ been given or a threat ?

rob
          &
          @charitynjw may also be able to advise

​​​​​​it does seem outside of 6 years eng/wales or 5 years Scotland Statue barred? hence need the information.?

Comment

Thanks to atticus and MIKE770 for responding and further tags to others who can help.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi, so Lowell debt is eon and I've heard nothing till I received a letter stating I owed the debt after I investigated a little it's from a house I lived in that was flooded in Dec 2015 we obviously I was paying eon up untill we moved out on the 5th Dec 2015 but nothing since , I've rang eon and they hold no information I've checked my credit report and all my eon accounts are closed and state settled with a 0 balance?

Resolvecall is a shop direct debit (seemingly) again I've checked my credit report and I have a shop direct account open with 2500 credit limit that I've never touched so don't understand how I can owe a debt for them ?

Comment

No ccj or anything like that , I got a mortgage last year and my credit report was checking by the mortgage company

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X