• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke CCJ action for historic debt not in my correct name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke CCJ action for historic debt not in my correct name

Mortimer Clarke are sent a claim form for CCJ for an old debt last managed by my ex husband but unfortunately in my maiden name. I had no knowledge of this until recently last few months. The claim papers are not in my legal name. Is it still enforceable? How do I deal with this band of solicitors and I don't know who their client is Marlin. The original debt was a credit card from 1997 HSBC. Apparently it was last paid in 2019 £1. Help Please. I really don't want a CCJ as I have only just come off universal credit and landed a job, finally thought my future was going to be brighter after a mental health breakdown, marriage breakdown and my son's attempted suicide.
    Tags: None

Who was using this card? Who was making the payments?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

He was using the card and making the payments but it's in my name.

Comment

CCA Request with a £1.00 Postal Order from HSBC

pre-2007 and HSBC may have problems producing (due to a fire in storage "Iron Mountain")? only send if advised on here, and get proof posting.

seems from what you are saying your ex has committed fraud. ?

Acknowledge Claim and tick defend all. follow submission on advice on here. wait further input from people here.

Pre-Action Letters - did you get these?
        Last edited by MIKE770; 22nd February 2023, 06:57:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AFB View Post
          He was using the card and making the payments but it's in my name.
          I have sent the Acknowledge Claim and defend all. They sent Pre- Action Letters but I had already responded back in November with an offer I filled out their budget income and expenditure. They acknowledged my email and then ignored it from there. When I received the pre action letter I thought I had dealt with it and that it was just a computer sending it out. I need to hold off this CCJ my mental health depends on it.

Comment

pity about the budget sheet filled in.
            atticus may have thoughts

Comment

did you send CCA request with £1.00 postal order.

Comment

Have you asked your ex husband to pay?

You may need to join him in to the case under CPR Part 20.
                Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X