• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Re Compensation Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Re Compensation Please

i will try to cut this short and would be very grateful as I haven't much time. Four and a half years ago I was a rear seat passenger in a vehicle, when it was hit from behind by a car which failed to stop at a traffic island. I have been forced to give up my job, due to injuries and haven't been able to work since several weeks after the accident. I am still experiencing problems and my life has changed beyond belief. The Solictor was positive about my injury claim initially, but following yet another email, in which I had to chase them, I have received a letter with a far lower offer than expected. The attitude seems to be take it or leave it and that I am fortunate to get an offer. I now only have 2 weeks to respond, or the whole case will be cancelled.
    The fact is that I will never work again, having previously worked continuously for almost 40 years. I am on benefits and had to take my only private pension early just to survive. I am in constant pain and my life is a shadow of what it was. My Husband and I are really struggling, as he isn't well either. I feel that the Solicitor has treated me very badly and are now just dumping me. They are even talking about charging me extra for scans and physio that they insisted I untook.
    My mental health isn't brilliant and I can now feel myself going under. The amount they have offered would only cover my utility bills for a few years if that. To be honest I am panicking and I am distraught. Can anyone offer any help or advice please? What can I do, having waited all this time to be kicked in the teeth?
    Tags: None

I am sorry to read this.

I assume that you have received a "Part 36" Offer. There can be serious consequences if you get the decision on that offer wrong. You must ask your solicitor for full advice.

But you are asking for a second opinion, on the basis of a couple of paragraphs. Your solicitor knows the case in a lot more detail. You really need to ask your solicitor what his advice is and his reasons for that advice.

"No win no fee" arrangements have their advantages. But you may also now be discovering the conflict of interests built into them when the solicitor perceives an increase in the risk of not being paid.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you. I do not know what a part 36 offer us. Yes they were ambulance chasers who phoned me up the day after the accident. I haven't been able to work for over 4 years, yet haven't even been offered a years salary.
      Dont know what to do now and have no money to pay for any additional legal advice.

Comment

Thank you again atticus, as you know I have posted more details separately, as this is indeed a part 36 offer.
        Feeling very down today.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X