• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car insurance dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car insurance dispute

Hi all and thank you in advance for any responses or advice.

I own a vehicle which I have had since June 2017. It is in perfect working order, has never been involved in any accidents or insurance claims and I have all the MOT certificates and tax receipts since owning the car.

I recently sold the car but instead of receiving a new V5 log book, the new owner received a letter stating the car should not have been sold to them because it was written off in an accident and it needs to be scrapped. I agreed to refund the buyer and take the car back.

I have investigated the cause and discovered that AXA insurance placed a ‘Category B’ marker against my vehicle in 2019, claiming that the car was involved in an accident and completely written off. This has resulted in me no longer being able to tax the car, insure the car, drive the car, sell the car or even have it parked on a public road. After lengthy discussions with AXA insurance they have provided me with the accident report of the incident and have admitted in writing that the name and address of the owner on the report is not my name or my address. The car involved in the accident has the same number plate as mine but from the photos it is clearly a different car, most likely someone has cloned my plate to use the car for illegal activities.

I have written to many solicitors but nobody will help because AXA insurance were not my insurers. They were the third party insurers of whoever the illegally cloned car had crashed in to.

AXA have told me they will not remove the marker and will no longer assist me.

Can anyone help me or point me in some sort of direction?
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

Might your insurance company help you?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Have you contacted the DVLA?
      It should surely be possible to arrange an inspection by DVSA to prove your vehicle was not the one written off.

Comment

Atticus, would it be a t or t ( autocorrect evade ) by ADA ( autocorrect !). They have caused harm to Liam which, I believe, merits compensation.

Comment

Hi, thank you for the replies.

I have contacted the DVLA and they can't do anything until they receive confirmation from AXA that the marker can be removed, which they have stated they will not do.

My insurance also can't do anything as they were not involved or notified of the incident at the time.

I am currently reporting it with the police to see if I can go down the ''victim of a crime' route but I'm not sure how far it will get me.

Comment

Have you exhausted DVLA complaints procedures ;https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X