• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Hearing - Dryden Fairfax and Erudio Student Loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Hearing - Dryden Fairfax and Erudio Student Loan

I am being taken to court by Dryden Fairfax for student loans from the 90s. I was issued a CCJ which was set aside by a judge as I had changed name and address. I also live in a different jurisdiction. I have not entered into an agreement with any other company except the Student Loan Company. They have presented the original loan documents but the claimant has not shown that it has a legal right to the claim. The claimant has also made errors in its statement that are untrue, in relation to communication between myself and Dryden. Any advice would be greatly welcomed - many thanks
    Tags: None

What is the present status of the court proceedings? What has happened so far? What are you required to do next, and by when?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

It's a small track hearing set for 16 days time, and the claimant has already submitted a witness statement. I have to submit a witness statement and documents that I intend to bring to hearing within 2 days. The claimant has requested that it be struck out, as they state that I do not have a solid defence and that I should pay court costs. They had put a ccj on me during the pandemic but I had moved country, and using my married name so the mail was not coming through on the redirect. This information was sent to court in May hence why the CCJ was set aside.

Comment

This was the defence claim attached
        Attached Files

Comment

So you have to prepare your statement and a set of the documents you will rely on.

Your statement should deal with the facts you need to prove to establish the defence you have advanced in the case.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X