• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fast track reclaim PPI issued LBA for £500 fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast track reclaim PPI issued LBA for £500 fee

I can see there are a few similar threads about fast track reclaim, appointing Joseph James Law to threaten court action regarding PPI claims. I have received a LBA today for £500 unpaid fee (originally requested 21st 22 but I didn’t receive that letter or email, received first letter 21st Oct).

they are claiming that In Sept 21 they wrote to me asking for FDL’s which I didn’t send them as so I owe £500 for not responding within 7 days as per terms and conditions..

“…FTR reserve the right to charge a fee of £500 per PPI complaint sent to the Company if a request for disclosure of the offer is not received within 7 days of notification”.

I recall signing up for free PPI check and then got loads of paperwork so decided not to proceed. I’ve thrown all old paperwork away.

I can send a reply from to contest the fee but the tone of their letters is already threatening so can see them pushing hard… I don’t want to risk damaging my credit history - any advice?

thanks

Tags: None

In the first instance you need to make a formal complaint to them on the basis that you didn't provide your informed consent for them to pursue a PPI claim AND that if you had genuinely signed a letter of authority giving them consent to act for you in a PPI claim from any particular bank, they could simply ask the bank for the offer themselves. They can't have it both ways.

If they reject your complaint you can go to the Financial Ombudsman with it.

I doubt they could ever stand up such an action in court and probably know it and are just trying to scare you into paying. Don't allow them to.

Comment

Thank you, I’ve submitted a formal complaint and will then take it to FOS if needed,

Comment

If they or the Financial Ombudsman argue that you can't now submit a complaint on the basis that the issue is the subject of legal proceedings (it's a Financial Ombudsman rule) you should stand by your guns and argue that an LBA is a letter BEFORE action and no proceedings have been issued.

Comment

Thank you.. it’s literally been 10 days since they first contacted me. They claim to have sent a letter and email a month ago and I did not receive either.

Comment

Can I get some advice on whether I should send the reply letter to the LBA from Joseph James. It says I have 30 days and was going to reply to say I dispute the debt and need more info I.e copy of contract and details of services fast track reclaim have provided.. I was going to send this whilst the complaint with fast track reclaim is in progress. Any advice welcome thanks

Comment

Yes I'd reply to the LBA disputing the debt and I'd specifically ask for the sign-up pages of the free PPI check that you filled out, in addition to the signed contract which supposedly includes the term that they have the right to charge £500 for non-disclosure.

You don't need to fill out the financial form as that's only required if you admit the debt.

I would send it along with something like the following:

Dear Sirs

Please find attached my response to your Letter Before Action and request for specific documents.

Please note that this issue is the subject of a formal complaint to FTR. Clearly, until such time as the prescribed formal complaints process has run its course (including any referral to the Financial Ombudsman), it would not be appropriate to issue proceedings in this matter on the basis of the court's requirement to the overriding objective.

Yours

Comment

Thank you so much for your help

Comment

Hi we are having the same problem as above. We are getting daily emails from debt recovery, paralegals & now debt recovery manager.
                  we have sent letters of complaint and SAR to Quickly Finance, Fast Track Reclaim & Joseph James Law.
                  We have also been to Citizens Advice who advised us that it was a scam & to ignore it.
                  Uts constant harassment everyday.
                  Has anyone been through this & come out the other end or has everyone just paid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tericrouse View Post
                    Hi we are having the same problem as above. We are getting daily emails from debt recovery, paralegals & now debt recovery manager.
                    we have sent letters of complaint and SAR to Quickly Finance, Fast Track Reclaim & Joseph James Law.
                    We have also been to Citizens Advice who advised us that it was a scam & to ignore it.
                    Uts constant harassment everyday.
                    Has anyone been through this & come out the other end or has everyone just paid it.
                    Ok, a couple of questions:

When did you send your complaint to Quickly/FTR?

Did you get a final response and if so when?

Comment

Sent it last week but still getting emails from Joseph James law debt recovery. Today we got an email with the title ‘ Notice of intention to issue legal proceedings.

Comment

Don't worry about the hollow legal threats, they never follow through.

You need to email both Quickly/FTR and JJ and tell them that while the formal complaints procedure is engaged it would not be appropriate for them to pursue you for payment until such time that it is concluded.

When you get the final response to your complaint let us know and I can advise on how to draft the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Comment

Many thanks for responding
                          Will definitely take up your offer to follow through the complaint
                          regards
                          T

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy1948 View Post
                            I can see there are a few similar threads about fast track reclaim, appointing Joseph James Law to threaten court action regarding PPI claims. I have received a LBA today for £500 unpaid fee (originally requested 21st 22 but I didn’t receive that letter or email, received first letter 21st Oct).

they are claiming that In Sept 21 they wrote to me asking for FDL’s which I didn’t send them as so I owe £500 for not responding within 7 days as per terms and conditions..

“…FTR reserve the right to charge a fee of £500 per PPI complaint sent to the Company if a request for disclosure of the offer is not received within 7 days of notification”.

I recall signing up for free PPI check and then got loads of paperwork so decided not to proceed. I’ve thrown all old paperwork away.

I can send a reply from to contest the fee but the tone of their letters is already threatening so can see them pushing hard… I don’t want to risk damaging my credit history - any advice?

thanks

My situation is almost identical. I have sent a SAR to Fast Track Reclaim and have prepared a Reply to the Letter Before Action (not yet sent) which disputes the debt on the basis of non-informed consent and asks for further information/documents - including the "agreement".

I was going to wait until after I received the information requested in the Reply and/or SAR before making a formal complaint to FTR as it is difficult to complain properly without access to the information I have requested.

The Debt Protocol cited in the Letter Before Action makes clear that legal proceedings should not be commenced less than 30 days after requested documents have been provided. So, would it be Ok to wait with the formal complaint (as long as it is made within this 30 day time limit)?

Many thanks for all the advice you have given so far on similar problems, it has been very helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post

My situation is almost identical. I have sent a SAR to Fast Track Reclaim and have prepared a Reply to the Letter Before Action (not yet sent) which disputes the debt on the basis of non-informed consent and asks for further information/documents - including the "agreement".

I was going to wait until after I received the information requested in the Reply and/or SAR before making a formal complaint to FTR as it is difficult to complain properly without access to the information I have requested.

The Debt Protocol cited in the Letter Before Action makes clear that legal proceedings should not be commenced less than 30 days after requested documents have been provided. So, would it be Ok to wait with the formal complaint (as long as it is made within this 30 day time limit)?

Many thanks for all the advice you have given so far on similar problems, it has been very helpful!
                              Ok, 2 questions.

Is this in respect of a £500 invoice for not giving them a final response letter from the bank to a PPI claim?

Have you received a proper letter before action with a form to fill out and an income & expenditure questionnaire?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X