• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unpaid parking fine - BW Legal. CCJ Sent to wrong address! HELP?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid parking fine - BW Legal. CCJ Sent to wrong address! HELP?!

Hi all,

Need some advice.

I received a parking ticket on 10/09/2017 from Britannia Parking, and it went unpaid.

Over the years I was bombarded with txt messages, phone calls and letters from BW Legal, threatening legal action. Unfortunately at the time of the parking fine, I was young and naive, and due to it being a private parking car park, I listened to the advice of others and was told to ignore all communication.

On March 2021 I was issued a CCJ and this was sent to my old property from 2019.

I did not receive notification, nor did I respond to the claim. I was unaware this had happened, and this only came to light yesterday when an estate agent contacted me and told me I had been refused due on my referencing due to an unpaid CCJ!!

I panicked, and contacted Northampton County Court, and found out the totalling amount and who the debt was with. Britannia Parking - BW Legal. I contacted BW Legal and paid the amount in full to have the CCJ settled.

I now want to have the CCJ set aside, firstly because I was never notified and it went to an old address, so I could therefore not defend myself. Secondly, because this is going to impact my credit for the next 6 years, and as a single woman make my financial situation poor. I have been refused rentals, I won't be able to get a mortgage, I won't be able to even get a phone contract!! I have spoken with BW legal this morning and asked for a consent order and they told me they can't act without instruction from Britannia parking. Britannia Parking make it incredibly hard to get in contact with someone. Their phone systems are automated. I have sent an email this morning to Britannia parking with BW legal copied in requesting a consent order.

Any advice??? I have read lots of threads around Consent Orders and N244's?? but have never had this before and so am so out of my depth!! panicking and very anxious about the whole situation as this has really impacted my housing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X