• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need Advice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice.

Some one has hacked my business email and PayPal accounts and published images and screenshots on social media which is detrimental to my business as a non profit organisation.

we don't know who has leaked this information but they anonymously sent it to an account with a lot of followers and we've received abuse and hatred.

I know they are breaking the breach of date law along with other laws but I just want some advice on the next steps. we don't know who is hacked but we have a pretty good idea.
    Tags: None

First recover your accounts and secure them.
    Look for one place where both account accesses might have been disovered. Having two accounts hacked at the same time suggests higher access.
    Are any other accounts available from the same place. Secure those also, and that place.

Tat should stop any further damage.
    Then worry about the damage.

Comment

Yes I have changed all passwords. I have tried reporting the posts on social media and they won't do anything saying they haven't breached anything but obviously sharing emails and PayPal they have ?

the damage is detrimental to me at the moment not sleeping or eating. no orders of stock or anything

Comment

The best advice I can give you is to concentrate on rebuilding your business and its reputation.

Offences under Computer Misuse and/or Data Protection legislation may have been committed, but what you say suggests that you have significant evidential difficulties which may make any case very difficult.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

What if I know who this person is who hacked and leaked the information? im 90% certain of some one an ex volunteer

Comment

If you have evidence to prove your case that is a different thing. But strong suspicion is not proof.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi , I got caugh shoplifting at tkmaxx. They gave me a bunning notice and made me paid for what I tried to steal . I’m 17 , Will I receive a RLP ? They didn’t mention it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X