• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Punched by a bouncer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punched by a bouncer

Hi all,

Recently I was on an evening out in a local pub. To cut a long story short, after what has been described as a "scuffle", I was punched by a bouncer. I can't really remember what happened JUST before I was hit, but I remember everything afterwards and before the incident occurred.

Anyway, nose badly bleeding, I rung the police straight after. I was in a state of shock, hyperventilating, the caller on the phone was really nice. Before the police arrived, the two bouncers continued a discussion with me and my friends outside. I remember one of my friends being very angry because he'd seen I'd been punched but I was stopping him and asking him to calm down. At one point the bouncer grabs him by the neck and lifts him up before dropping him - clearly the bouncer's first port of call in most situations is to respond with violence instead of mediation. I remember his colleagues buzzing in and out of the pub whilst this was going on.

Anyway, the police arrived, one of them lovely, other in the van not so helpful. Bouncer laughing at me behind the shoulders. Two police go inside the pub with one of the bouncers, eventually come out and say "we've seen the CCTV, you threw the first punch, you better go...". So we left.

My questions are - is there a possibility the police/bouncers would've had a discussion inside the pub to fabricate me throwing the first punch? It is not in my nature and my response to being punched was as if it was out of nowhere. I'm just wondering if they wanted me off the scene and to close the case off.

If they saw me throw a punch, wouldn't that have given them grounds fo arrest me? I'm confused... surely they should act on this.

I am tempted to request CCTV footage to see the real truth, but as I'm sure you understand, I'm a touch nervous about opening anything up in case I was at fault. Can I request CCTV footage with no implications? I would just like to evaluate the situation.

Any help would be appreciated. In two minds whether to just chalk it up as a bad lesson, or try and really find out what happened. In an ideal world I would love to have a civil chat with the bouncer over a pint to see what happened but I understand that's an incredibly naive and unrealistic thought.

Thanks for your time.
    Tags: None

Get out the chalk.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
      Get out the chalk.
      Thank you. And your reasoning? Just to understand why you think that's the best thing to do based on what I said.

Just leaving it is something I've considered and I guess if what you think matches up to my thinking, then it helps me reach a decision.

Comment

I very much doubt any conspiratorial agreement between a policeman and a bouncer. It therefore seems that you may have thrown the first punch. You have been given the opportunity to walk away. What might be achieved by prodding?

Comment

I have been in situations but not quite like that. Take the advice given. walk away ad put it down to experience. just think if the CCTV shows you are in the wrong. Greif for nothing.

Comment

Thank you, appreciate both your answers. I will leave it and move on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X