• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Coat stolen from cloakroom in a nightclub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coat stolen from cloakroom in a nightclub

On Saturday night I entered a nightclub, paid £2 for the cloakroom and was handed a raffle ticket as receipt of the transaction, which must be given to collect any belongings. I left the club at around 5:50am which is 10 minutes before they close and begin to rush people out, drunk and in a hurry I forgot my coat, it wasn't until around 6:05 I noticed I haven't got it and the shutters were already closed. I assumed my coat would be safe and contacted them via Instagram since no one would answer my calls the next day, in response I was told belongings are kept safe if they're forgotten and they will have a look for me. I was then told to come there at 10pm today and the front staff would be able to sort out the situation. I spoke to a regular member of staff who after asking me thoroughly about the coats specifics, in which I answered, went to go and have a look for the coat. He returned to say it wasn't in lost property and to message them back as it may be in a restricted office. I was then contacted to say the manager wants to call me regarding the situation. He called to say he has watched the cctv footage and alleged that it was me in the footage and asked me to come back there ASAP. After going back to the club he showed footage of a random person being handed my coat, after telling them it isnt me they insisted I look at more footage to see if it was someone I knew, which it wasnt. On the second bit of footage I can be seen outside the club, I even wore the same cap I had on to prove it was me there. The manager was fairly cooperative and said he needed to check something and went to his office. As I waited however, one of the security guards was constantly asking me to come and speak to him, away from everyone else, he proceeded to tell me that it was him who handed the coat over at the end of the night and not the cloakroom staff. He claims it was the last coat left at the end of the night and was "out of sight" in the cloakroom, and that a man came over to the cloakroom and said he has left behind a black North face coat but has no ticket, he claimed too have lost it and the bouncer handed it over without any proof it was his. The bouncer who handed it over was constantly in my face in an intimidating way, telling me it was my fault for leaving the jacket and that they couldn't do anything, almost as if he knew he was at fault and trying to sway me into thinking it was of my own doing. The manager came back with more footage and I mentioned that the policy is that they should hold the coat for a period of time, the owner of the belongings can either come back with the ticket and if not this person who has apparently lost their ticket will surely come back for it another day and they can verify it using CCTV or any other sufficient evidence. I was wondering how I go about escalating this incase the manager doesn't accept liability after his apparent investigation, he's told me he will respond to me by latest Thursday via call, the only written evidence I have is from the Direct Messages on Instagram and screenshots of contacts with the manager.
    Tags: None

Hi SG

Firstly you need to add spaces / paragraphs.

It's a collection ticket, not 'Raffle Ticket' (sounds like a student question).

We've had a similar scenario previously, do a search of the site.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X