• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

submitting court papers without address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submitting court papers without address

I have had an ongoing dispute with a trader since March who installed a fence for me. I am about to submit documents to the small claims court but it has just come to light that he moved house a few months ago. He is fully aware that I am proceeding through the small claims court but when I emailed him requesting his forwarding address so papers can be served he is refusing to provide me with an address. I have his phone number and email address but when I spoke with money claims and explained the situation they informed me I must have an address to put on the paperwork otherwise it will end up costing me more further down the line as the matter progresses. I was advised by money claims that although the court papers will be emailed to him they must also send these out by royal mail. I have checked all his social media, his FB company page to no avail and he does not appear to be on the electoral role. I have just been round to his old address and asked the resident if they have a forwarding address for him again to no avail and have now just received an email from the trader informing me he has been made aware that I have just been to his old address to try and find where he has moved to and has threatened to inform the police that I am harrassing him. How can I submit the initial small claims court paperwork without an address. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

You give his last known address as per CPR 6.9 (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...les/part06#6.9)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X