• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccjs x 2 appeared on credit file, no correspondence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccjs x 2 appeared on credit file, no correspondence

Hi,

After some advice please.

Last year in April my partner and I bought our first
    house. Obviously to do this he had good credit. We’ve just gone to remortgage and discovered he has now had 2 Ccjs appear on his file - also in April last year.

obviously we are on electoral role and address is up to date.

Now one was for debt from south west water from over 12 years ago. My partner contacted them in December after receiving a letter regarding a ccj - they wiped the debt because of age.

we have obviously contacted them and told them it’s been issued even though they sorted this and they have sent a letter saying it’s settled but we now have to apply to get it removed and pay the £275 fee?

Surely this can’t be right or fair??

the other one is for £485 owed but don’t know what the debt is but my partner has contacted the company and it’s over 7.5 years old? Again this cannot be fair? I think it’s a company that has brought up old debt?. He has NEVER received any correspondence about this to our old address?

We would have to pay the £275 again to apply to get it removed…

please help with what options we have. This just dies t seem right and how would we have got a mortgage with these judgements after him??

thank you
    Tags: None

Can I add the Water one is dated 19th April, the other one issued 14th April. We completed 31st April.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X