• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moriarty court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moriarty court claim

Moriarty

1 July 2022, 17:39
    ?02/07/2017 quickquid loan £150

24/02/2017 last payment £22.80
    I left uk for a while

11/08/2021 letter from casheUroNet:
    The coming sold a loan accounts to lantern

11/01/2022 letter from Moriarty Law:
    Lantern DRS limited has instructed us to recover the he sum of £262.20

24/01/2022 I sent CCA request to lantern and Moriarty

01/02/2022 received CCA from lantern but from Moriarty received 2 month later

08/02/2022 received statement of accounts from lantern
    and form to fill, I ticked D (dispute the debt) and in that form I requested copy of default notice and assignment notice.
    Received letter on 25/02/2022

Re: Lantern DRS Limited (formerly MMF)
    We write in response to your recent communication regarding the above detailed account.
    We can confirm that we have referred the matter to our client and will contact you again on receipt of
    further instructions.
    In the meantime, the account will remain on hold and collection activity has been suspended. (Nothing was received)

11/02/2022 letter from Moriarty Law:
    We apologise for the delay in replying.

Please note, our client is willing to accept £209.76 in full and final settlement of the account and this
    can be paid in 3 monthly instalments.

22/06/2022 letter from Moriarty Law:

Following our earlier letters regarding the above outstanding balance we have now issued proceedings in the
    county court at Northampton to effect repayment.
    You will shortly receive a county court claim from Northampton county court along with an information pack
    containing details on how to respond.

23/06/2022

Received Claim form

Amount claimed
    Court fee
    Legal representative's
    costs
    Total amount

05/07/22 I filed acknowledgment stating I intend to defend all the claim. What do I do next do I send CPR 31.14?
    and please can someone help what to say on defense letter? Im using agains the ?Default notice”

Thank you for reading and I hope you can help me
    Tags: None

Hi guys anyone help me what to request now from Moriarty and how to write defense letter please

Comment

Hi Tomgebona just to let you know we are a volunteer community so not all our experts are online throughout the day.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

a) What you need to do is Acknowledge the claim online, that will give you an extra 14 days to work on you defence, so that 28 days in total, plus 5 days post. You've done this.

b) Send Moriarty a CCA request for your account, they have 14 days to provide you with a copy of your original agreements. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

c) Send Moriarty a CPR 31.14 Request, they have 12 days to provide documents they are relying to make the claim. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

d) Send Lantern DRS limited a SAR for the account, they have 30 days to provide all the details on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Make sure you get your defence in on time, so 28 days from the date of the claim letter, note it in your diary.

e) This is an example defence, amend it carefully to suit the current situation, wait nearer the 28th day (to see what documents you receive). Send a copy to the Court and their solicitors, make sure you get Proof of Postage for both.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

If your not sure ask, we might need more info from you.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help, please may I ask you “Send a copy to the Court and their solicitors, make sure you get Proof of Postage for both” what do I have to send to the court? And one more question please I heard that i can login and ask court for breathing space which gives 60days is thst true? I have only 4 days left to file my defense and I don’t think I can manage it.
          thank very much in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgebona View Post
            Thank you so much for your help, please may I ask you “Send a copy to the Court and their solicitors, make sure you get Proof of Postage for both” what do I have to send to the court? And one more question please I heard that i can login and ask court for breathing space which gives 60days is thst true? I have only 4 days left to file my defense and I don’t think I can manage it.
            thank very much in advance
            a) what do I have to send to the court?

Your Defence, you can send your Defence to the Court online via MCOL. In the subject line write - REF NO XXXXXX DEFENCE XXXXXXXXX v XXXXXXXXXX.

Then you post a copy to the Creditors solicitors, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

b) And one more question please I heard that i can login and ask court for breathing space which gives 60days is thst true?

You can ask them, not aware that 60 days exists in CPR Rules, but they've already given you 28 days to file your Defence. If you need more time, you need to ask the Creditor's solicitor and Court, it needs to be agreed.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part03

c) I have only 4 days left to file my defense and I don’t think I can manage it.

If you read through the example Defence, it's fairly straightforward, you already have some information and are waiting for other information, CCA and CPR.

Comment

I note your comment.
              you helped a lot

thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgebona View Post
                I note your comment.
                you helped a lot

thank you very much
                Make sure you get the following sent off, CCA, CPR and SAR. You must still file your defence, don't wait to receive that information.

Comment

Hi,
                  my new post didn’t go true, will try again.

I sent CCA CPR and SAR and reserved email from Moriarty law. I’ll send the email here and please can you help? Does it mean I’ll lose case?

We write in response to your letters dated 17/07/2022, which we received on 25/07/2022.

We acknowledge receipt of the Defence filed by you with the Court and in that regard we confirm that our client is proceeding with their claim.

We can also confirm that we have referred your request for documentation to our client and we will contact you again once we receive their response.

Please be assured that Moriarty Law will comply with future directions from the court.

Regarding your comment about evidence of £1.00 fee to our client in relation to CCA Request, please note that there was no evidence enclosed with your letter (Recorded Delivery ref WD 6459 8817 0GB).

Regarding your comment about enclosing £1.00 fee for Moriarty Law to process your CCA Request, please note that there was no fee enclosed with your letter (Recorded Delivery ref WD 6459 8818 3GB).

Please do not hesitate to call us on 0203 126 4544if you have further queries.

Kindest Regards

Comment

Same day I hade second email;

Further to our below email, please note that you are not required to send us or our client a fee in relation to your CCA request.

Kindest Regards

Comment

O.K. update when you receive documents.

Comment

I’ll
                        Thank you so much

Comment

One more document
                          Attached Files

Comment

You've sent the CCA request, CPR request, have you had a response to the requests?

If you haven't received the requested documents, you can't consider mediation.

In the Directions Questionnaire, you need state that you want mediation, but have not received the documents from the Creditor.

Here's some Guidance - https://www.lawble.co.uk/directions-questionnaire/

A copy is sent to the Court and a copy is sent to the Creditors solicitors, make sure you get Proof of Postage for both.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X