• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Simple Procedure Notice of Claim from VCS Limited for a PCN in Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Procedure Notice of Claim from VCS Limited for a PCN in Scotland

Afternoon all,

This morning I received a Simple Procedure Notice of Claim to do with a parking charge I received from VCS last year.

My car was parked in their site at Nicol Street, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1NY on 18/11/21 and they issued me a PCN on 30/11/21 which I ignored. They're charging me £160 in total (£100 the original fine and then £60 excess for not paying it in the 28 days). I'm the registered keeper of the vehicle but don't know who the driver was at the time of the incident.

I've not had much experience with court documents, in fact this is possibly the first I've received. There's a ream of pages which explain the issue and what I need to do, I've taken a photo of the background but can't upload here as I don't seem to have permission.

They need a response by 05/09/2022 and they're using Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone Solicitors.

I had some thoughts of defence below from my limited research but would appreciate any feedback on here and if it is better to simply pay.
    - The claimant is Vehicle Control Services Limited, however the company on the signage is Excel Parking who have a different company number and logo to VCS which I have available to upload if it helps - Q: Is this legal, the driver's supposed contract would be with Excel surely?
    - The Keeper/Driver defence - Q: Is this still effective, I wasn't the driver, I don't need to name the driver, can I still be forced to pay?
    - The excess fee - Q I've heard of some people arguing this isn't reasonable to charge this amount for not responding in 28 days, should I refer to this in my defence?

Please say if there's additional info you need I've missed, haven't ever posted here before.

Many thanks

Sean
    Tags: None

Pictures of sign and background now uploaded.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, please can I ask your outcome with this ? my wife has received the same simple procedure notice. Any advice welcome, thank you

Comment

So your first defence is that they are the wrong claimant. Any alleged contract was with Excel and not VCS

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X