• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

S75 claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S75 claim?

Hi

I am new here and unsure how it works but I need advice!

My partner purchased a Renault Scenic for us on his Barclaycard credit card for £3350 in July 2021. The car is in my name as an owner but we jointly use it and he is insured on it.

The car broke down a few weeks ago with electrical problems and long story short Renault (not the place we bought it from) initially charged me £468 for wiring replacement which didn't work, and then eventually found that the problem was that someone had fitted a gearbox ECU that came from another car. Normally ECU units are programmed for your specific car and are married to your VIN/chassis number, but the one that was found in the car was from a different Renault that had been written off in 2019. This faulty ECU having the incorrect electrical parameters for my car has caused all the electrical problems.

They are charging a further £1333 to fit the correct ECU unit that was supposed to already be a part of the car.

I contacted the original garage I bought the car from as clearly they sold me this car witcarb engine part that was never meant to be in my car but they're having none of it, and saying that because it worked for 10 months that it was fine and not a problem, even though it has been damaging my car.

Because the car was bought on a credit card do we have any claim under s75?

Totally novice, and stuck!

Thanks
    Tags: None

On this information it's got to be worth at least a letter.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X