• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK, Looking for a Layman/beginner reading list for making concise legal requests.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK, Looking for a Layman/beginner reading list for making concise legal requests.

I have found myself in a situation where I am dealing with the financial ombudsman over some mistreatment and malpractice from my bank. The greater implication is I am certain it has seriously affected my employability, past, present, future and has seriously damaged my reputation. This would be part of a new complaint and if it's anything like this one it will be another 12 month wait and much messing about and fobbing off from my bank in the time being. I am looking to take myself as seriously as I can when it comes to making SARs and structuring my complaints, if anything out of respect for the investigaters who will review my complaint and as much I owe it to myself and will provide future benefit.

An example might be a company deliberately sent me insufficent data regarding a SAR request and then proceeded to dribble a little more of the original request while stating they did send me this data and more when I can demonstrate they didn't, almost gaslighting me. Eventually I ended up rewriting the request and formatting each sentence into sections and subsections using 1.a 2.b 3.c. That was the only way I felt I could format the request where I can direct them to their failure to comply in the follwoing email. The problem is I don't want to just appear determined, I want to make serious requests. For example if I request information once to be ignored, Do I requested it again, then in the third response reply noting their refusal to them, or does the third response stating their apparent refusal just antagonise a respondant and invite them into further wasting my time when a second or the first requests is proof in itself. I realise how competative law is and now for every qualified solicitor there are 5 people with law degrees who are still applying for positions or have given up entirely and are using their degrees to reject or comply with bare minimum regarding my requests and complaints.

What I am asking, is there a suggested reading list or perhaps a layman manual for say: correct vocabulary, forming complaints, understanding the classifications of types of sentences/statements I present, formatting and making legal requests where I can more accurately demonstrate a respondants reluctance to reply fully and so essentially what I present is less of a word salad of my opinions mixed in with my own truthes to an adjustigator/investigator. Something with examples or exercises. I do realise 'get a degree in law' is the correct answer and the more I learn the more true that will become but just a starting point.

Anyway, hi, I hope I make sense
    Last edited by userror; 5th June 2022, 09:23:AM. Reason: attempt to condense
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X