• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cineworld pass and being refused entry REFUND or EXTENSION?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cineworld pass and being refused entry REFUND or EXTENSION?

I will try to make this brief, can furnish further details if needed.

Thanks for any advice.

I bought and paid for a Cineworld Pass [paid for 13 months upfront]. In less/around a month, the virus happened, and they shut down. I understand that would be covered as a FORCE MAJEURE. But because of the chaotic nature of things [I guess] – they never sent me my physical pass.

So, I only went to the cinema maybe once or twice, using the temp pass that lasts a month.

Once they were open, I went in a few times and was turned away. Because I didn’t have a pass. They told me to email CS. I did this a few times and got no response. I went into Cineworld again, again I wasn’t allowed in to see a film [no pass]. I was told CS would extend my pass to 13 months so I wouldn’t lose out [I guess 12 months might have been fairer] – or I could get a refund.

I was getting nowhere, so I used ‘Resolver’.

They were ‘deaf’ to my complaint and responded:

“As per the last time we closed temporarily, your membership will continue in line with the Unlimited membership terms.

As you have paid for your membership annually upfront, your membership will be extended by the period of closure (with no further charge) and you will be able to continue enjoying your membership for that extended period once our cinemas are open again.

I can confirm that the membership has been already prolonged and the termination date currently stands as 02/06/2022.

I am also very sorry to read that you have not received your Unlimited card.

I can confirm that we will be able to request a replacement card for you.”

That would mean I would miss out on a quatre of what I paid for. I went into Cineworld to complain. They repeated I should ask for and would get the full term restored or a refund. I told them that this offer [missing out on months of membership] was not acceptable. I was told I would get an email from Cineworld. I didn’t. I suspect they cancelled the card coming out to me, as I never got it.

I have responded twice, repeating my complaint, and both times they repeated ‘ignoring’ my complaint. That I paid for 13 months. But was refused entrance, haven’t been sent a card, and would like a refund or the full term of the pass restored.

It is close to the end of the terms.

I can add more info – responses. Though it is pretty tautological [from both sides]. Me repeating my points and them repeating their answer. Maybe they [CS] don’t have the power to authorise any refund/extended pass period.

The bottom line is I paid for a year. Covid then gave me a ‘different’ year. But in fact, I didn’t get any of that year.

To make it clear, they didn’t send me the pass – but if they had, and taken a ¼ off my membership term [in effect, by having refused me entrance] I wouldn’t have used the card anyway – as I stated from the start, I would then like a refund. My choice would have been to have had the full membership time as per what I paid for… oh, and by that, I mean, being allowed to go in to see the films.

I have always been a massive fan of Cineworld and their pass. So, this has rather saddened me. I realise times are hard for cinemas – with the virus and streaming sites. I just want a happy ending that will make me fall back… well, maybe not love… but at least like… with the company.

Any advice?

I feel emails to CS get nowhere.

Going into Cineworld, they promise the outcome I want, but send me to CS – which gets me nowhere.

Do I escalate the Resolver complaint?

Is it better to ignore that and take them to the small claims court?

And finally – do I have a claim? Am I totally wrong here? The virus and all… Should I have made an allowance and just swallowed the loss? I don’t feel so, but am willing to be told I am wrong/an idiot… as I often am.

Thanks for any help/abuse/or good vegetarian recipes

Tags: None

Hi KNI

a) Send CINEWORLD a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

b) Look at their T & C's see what they say about COVID interruption regards membership. Their T & C's might be 'unfair'.

c) How did you pay for the annual membership? Credit Card?

d) Search their website to see if they are members of any associations etc, thus arbitration might be open to you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X