• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist finacial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist finacial

I have been contacted by hoist for a hsbc debt which I am pretty certain I had a ccj for and has dropped of my credit file, there has been no payment to hsbc in over 9 years when I logged on to hoist to see what the debt was relating to it states they took over the debt in 2018 what should I do
    Tags: None

give more actual details as each case can be different and facts needed to advise by people,
    Last edited by MIKE770; 30th April 2022, 05:44:AM.

Comment

I moved in to my current address In 2013 I had a debt from hsbc which I had not paid before this date I think I had a ccj against this debt which had fallen off my credit file I have recently been contacted by hoist financial saying when I logged on to their system it was regarding the hsbc debt which is on their system with interest since 2018 as far as I’m aware the debt should have been written off it at least be status barred but what should I do

Comment

CCJs do not get time barred but if a length of time then they would need good reasons not to have been collecting say within 6 years or so. do not go on their system it flags you up. so more details when last paid etc? they are trying it on no doubt, so many very old CCJs some are trying to collect but fail to go to court as they know they probably loose. ?

some others will advise also?
        Last edited by MIKE770; 30th April 2022, 05:45:AM.

Comment

Debts don't get written off 'just like that', for it to be statute barred the debtor should not of made payment or acknowledged the debt in the last 6 years, because they obtained a CCJ, the aforementioned doesn't apply. As Mike says they would have to return to Court to resurrect the debt.

You really need to provide complete details of the debt, what kind of debt? credit card, overdraft, loan etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X