• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

esa benifits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esa benifits

i have been sent a letter from dwp for a telephone compliance interview im worried about what it could be for i did not inform them i had a second property which i do not rent out so do not get any income from it i just hold it for later life as extra money
    Tags: None

Telephone compliance seems to suggest that you have another telephone that you have not mentioned. If that is the case, just tell them

Comment

Compliance cases usually mean the DWP do not have any concrete evidence of fraudulent activities. Instead, they will be asking for your cooperation in answering some questions carried out by telephone.

You may consider DWP compliance telephone interview questions as low ranking cases of suspicion. Nonetheless, it is not impossible for the phone call to develop into a compliance meeting at the job centre or one conducted at your house.

Taken from https://www.theukrules.co.uk/rules/e...ome-visit.html

Comment

Originally posted by mrjsu01 View Post
        i did not inform them i had a second property which i do not rent out so do not get any income from it i just hold it for later life as extra money
        State benefits are means tested and you are required to notify all changes in circumstances, income and capital because it affects how much benefit you receive.

If you have a 2nd property but do not rent it out and hold it merely as an investment for the future, who lives there? Is the property held in Trust and is there any rental income that is administered by a Trustee? If so this may not affect you, but please be prepared for the DWP to question you about this property.
        Whether or not they ask, you would be well advised to own up to having it and to the current value of the property.

2nd homes are treated as Disregarded capital for a period of 26 weeks after you make a claim for DWP benefits. After that you are deemed as holding disposable capital and the value of the property will be added to any claim and will take you out of entitlement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X