• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ViST Forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ViST Forms

Hello. Is there anyone out there who knows anything about ViST forms? They are used to screen an individual for their vulnerability and used by the Police. A friend found that she had unwittingly signed one and thinks her information was forwarded to various people. The Police will not answer her queries and although a Social Worker says she will get it revoked, she is now ignoring my friend's emails for help, after she had to give a police officer the social worker's details. Anyone know what she should do next, please?
    Tags: None

Send the police a SAR, they have 30 days to provide all the data held. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

Thanks ECHAT11 for your help. The Social worker has just got back, explaining why she hasn't replied, but she will respond shortly. The SAR is a good idea and may be the next step if the social worker can't help.

Comment

Here is an update on the above and I would really welcome some advice, please. Because of recent events, I don't think a SAR would help. It is blatantly clear that my friend's local neighbourhood police team are liaising with the social worker; gathering information on her and then engaging people they know to "keep watch" on my friend and her property, in their belief that she is a vulnerable person who needs this attention. She isn't and doesn't. It is a small town and these police officers are friends with a lot of people, including those in my friend's street. Incidents ranging from pressure to sell her home (one police officer used to work for a local estate agents), to being ridiculed with pranks, seem to reflect that her information is being relayed to others. She is horrified that confidential information concerning her health, finances and family situation in emails to the social worker are being shared with others. The more she has protested to social services and the police, the more attention she receives and they pat her on the head, saying: "There, there, it's your mental health, dear", when there is nothing wrong with her. How can all of this be stopped and for her to regain her privacy and get some sort of happy life back?

Comment

My friend has now been told by an acquaintance that she is getting attention because of "Care in the Community". She does not receive care from Social Services and they maintain they are not involved with this. Now the Social worker is suggesting that my friend has a visit from the police (which she can arrange) to "discuss her concerns" and have a mental health nurse present. My friend doesn't have a mental health nurse because she doesn't have a mental health condition. This is all complete madness. Does anyone know if a solicitor could help with this? She just wants carers, etc. to stop keeping watch on her.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X