• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caretaker has changed locks to site entrance and won't provide a key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caretaker has changed locks to site entrance and won't provide a key

I am a tenant on a small business park and have never defaulted on the rent - have been there for many years. Just recently there was a break in on the site and the "caretaker" of the site has changed the locks at the main entrance and has not provided me with a key. I have never had a lease - there was a verbal agreement between one of the owners and myself. I am trying to establish what my rights are, for example is withholding a key illegal and is it tantamount to harassment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

What does the other owner with whom you have the agreement say? Presumably he can get you a key? As the owner of a similar site it is being done for security and is not harassment in my view. If you can prove you are entitled to a key I assume you will get one!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X