• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on debt management options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on debt management options

£6,000 credit card (maxed out) £134/m payment - held for 3 years +
    £4,250 credit card (maxed out) £95/m payment - held for 3 years +
    £4,000 loan (£2,900 left to pay) £91/m payment - held for 3 years +
    £1,500 loan (acquired this week) £80/m payment
    £800 into my £1250 overdraft.
    earning £1850 / month after tax (partner works 1 day a week), always struggled to make payments and raise 3 children and pay £245 / month CSA for a child I was alienated from by a lunatic ex just for breaking up with her which is where most the debt originated from. Solicitors fees and house move. I’ve started gambling to try get out of debt but realise this is not wise but with the price of living constantly rising, I’m finding it harder and harder each month and I need to sort it now rather than later for a better standard of living. I have a car on finance that I would like to keep. I purchased the car with bad credit score so wasn’t the best move but I’ve always paid roughly the £239 I pay now for a car and have always budgeted fine for it before the debt. That’s my situation and I’m almost certain don’t want to enter into a debt management plan or an IVA. I’m think a DRO or bankruptcy but looking for any advise before I go ahead. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.
    Tags: None

Hi TABTEE

There are all sorts of things that you can do. You could fill in a Income and Expenditure form, send it to your creditors so as to adjust the payments being made each month, so they are more manageable, ask them to freeze the interest, ask for a payment holiday etc.

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/cor...rds-overdrafts

There are template letters at the very bottom of the page, amend / send, keep Proof of Postage.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/

Comment

It's obvious you need help; a debt relief order would be best for you provided you meet the criteria

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...t-relief-order

Bankruptcy should be used as a last resort because it can be very disruptive to your financial life.

Comment

More general advice. You will want to reduce overall expenditure. Take a look at Money Saving Expert forums.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X