• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial Ombudsman Final Decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Ombudsman Final Decision

Hello everyone, I'll try and make this as short as possible. We bought a vehicle in 2018 on finance using Northridge as the lender and after 2 years the steering failed. The car was only 3 yrs old at the time having travelled 30k miles from New. We contacted Northridge to complain and after being told to prove the fault was present at point of purchase we instructer Elite Inspections to carry out an assessment. Their report confirmed the fault would have been present at purchase and suggested the agreement be terminated and the vehicle rejected. Even though we had this report, the finance company still refused to accept this and I went to financial ombudsman . This was November 2020. Fast forward....the ombudsman has made his final decision (which is apparently legally binding) and the finance company must reimburse the fee for the report, pay compensation of £150, and repair the steering rack and bring the car back to roadworthy condition. However, they are now saying the vehicle is unrepairable, bearing in mind they haven't even seen the vehicle to find.out if this is true. Can I now enforce this in court as even the Ombudsman has stated he has never ever had a company do this. Northridge have offered to take the car back and pay £1700 which I refused. The fixed car will give me £8100 to part ex against another vehicle. Any thoughts/experience of this? Thanks in advance and thanks for reading this far!
    Tags: None

Hi ANG23

R0b Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

I would first check that replacement steering racks are available.
      On receipt of that confirmation write to Northridge and tell them they have 7 days in which to organise the repair before you start county court proceedings to enforce the FOS award.

Comment

Hi, the steering rack is still available, we did check. I've advised the Ombudsman's investigator to liaise with Northridge as they tend to ignore emails from me so I'll wait a few days before proceeding. Thanks for your reply x

Comment

Hi. Any update here? A family member is going through something similar.

Best regards,
          Christian at hvormyekanjeglåne.no

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X