• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Managing agent failed to serve notice correctly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing agent failed to serve notice correctly

Wonder if anyone can advise - a managing agent served a notice to quit on tenants but did not have proof the How to Rent booklet was ever served - the first application to court therefore had to be withdrawn - this has now resulted in tenants' lawyer asking for some £6000 costs. I am thinking I should be able to claim this back from managing agent but would like to know where I stand legally.
    Any help most appreciated.
    Tags: None

Has the managing agent got a complaints procedure (lodge a formal complaint)? You need to follow that, see where that takes you. Then you have ADR. Then you can turn to the courts regards negligence on the part of the managing agent.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Has the managing agent got a complaints procedure (lodge a formal complaint)? You need to follow that, see where that takes you. Then you have ADR. Then you can turn to the courts regards negligence on the part of the managing agent.
      Many thanks for reply - I will find out about complaints procedure,but what is ADR?

Comment

Originally posted by hra47 View Post

Many thanks for reply - I will find out about complaints procedure,but what is ADR?
        Alternative Dispute Resolution, the managing agent will be a member of a association or body, they may have a ADR scheme or be members of one.

Comment

Thank you so much,perfect.

Comment

https://arma.org.uk/leaseholders/com...about-a-member

Comment

Thank you for this - could be a better way to go than the small claims court.

Comment

Originally posted by hra47 View Post
                Thank you for this - could be a better way to go than the small claims court.
                Court should be the last resort, you can also demonstrate to the court that you've tried everything before resorting to them.

Comment

Good point - thank you for that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X