• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car engine dead in just 25 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car engine dead in just 25 days

Hi I bought a car from a dealer. I saw that car on auto trader then contacted the dealer he was giving 3 months warranty free but I paid 107 extra to make it 1 year. I just seen the car on auto trader because it’s very far from me it’s 200 miles far. So I paid 100 for delivery and they delivered me car on 13 September. The car was serviced on 13 August 2021 as they told me. So on 6 October the car is broke down. It’s happened just in 25 days. I contacted them they said take to garage and I did. Garage said it’s camshaft belt is broken (snapped) and engine is dead. Need to change engine. I told that to dealer. They are saying it’s happened due to wear and tear. They said this belt is comes in wear and tear. They are just giving me 550 pounds but fixing coast is near about 1500 pounds. I driven that just 1000 to 1300 miles. Even they bought that warranty from another company and saying warranty company is not covering it. But when I bought that warranty they didn’t tell me term and condition. So what I can do in this situation.
    DEALER REPLY
    Dear Anil 21/10/21

The warranty have offered a full final goodwill gesture of £550 towards the repair of Ford Fiesta Ng11ndo please reply within 5 days if you would wish to accept this offer thanks.

Kind regards mcr motors
    Hi Anil as you aware your cambelt has snapped there is no way of us checking unless we open a engine which we can’t do , unfortunately it has been unluck that your has snapped we have sold many Ford and cars and it has never happened we drove the car fit for purpose as stated and you also drove the car , as no trader covers mechanical cambelt was it is for wear and tear we have checked our rights with consumer and belt is not covered any other issue it would have been covered , as a goodwill gesture warranty have contributed half amount and half £550 , the other stuff is your personal preference for ac and service and if you fit new cambelt that’s by your choice and peace of mind so if you don’t want to fit new one that is entirely upto you unfortunately we can not offer any more help other than getting you some help from warranty as a good will gesture please reply with your decision to accept or decline thanks
    Tags: None

Just WRITE back and tell them the vehicle was unsatisfactory and you are exercising your short term right to reject.
    Add that they should arrange to collect the car at their cost and refund you the full purchase price.
    You also require they pay the costs you have incurred, including the original delivery charge, the extended warranty cost and any other costs.
    This is as per your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which you should quote at them.

Do not expect them to roll over!

Do you have an address for them?
    Do you have a copy of the original advert?
    How much did you pay?
    mileage of vehicle?
    How did you pay/ cash/credit card/Debit card/ bank transfer?

Comment

Hi I have every proof. I transferred in account I have invoice. But I went in citizen’s advice Bureau they said me if it’s wear and tear then I can’t do anything. I have to proof that belt was already faoult. How I can proof that.

Comment

i believe Ford Fiesta cam belts should be changed at every 100,000 miles or 8 years.
        Your car has covered less than 100000miles, so should have had a cambelt change 3 years ago.

This means the cambelt has not lasted as long as it should have (or was never changed!)

As such this means the vehicle has not satisfied the requirement of the act regarding durability
        The act requires that the quality of the goods is satisfactory.
        The quality of goods includes their state and condition; and that includes durability
        This is as per Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA) section 9 (3) (e)

That wear and tear argument is a red herring and CAB should know better, but they are right in that you will have to prove the vehicle was unsatisfactory when it was delivered.

Comment

Thanku so much. I can proof that they didn’t changed the belt.So in that case can I win.
          but when they gave me car mileage was 98996 and belt is broken down at 101136 miles.

Comment

If that belt had been changed after 8 years it should not have broken.
            IMO they sold you a car with an unsatisfactory belt and you would have a good chance of winning a court claim (if it comes to that )

Comment

Thanku so much my friend

Comment

Just to add never pay by 'bank transfer', if you want to pay by 'bank transfer', then pay an amount on your credit card, even £1 that allows you to make a Section 75 claim if things go wrong with the purchase. Bank transfer offers no protection.

You could send the following template, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...r-aeziX3M7tYNw

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X