• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form From DCB Legal Ltd Chasing a 5 Year Old Parking Ticket!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim Form From DCB Legal Ltd Chasing a 5 Year Old Parking Ticket!!

I have received an official-looking document from DCB Legal Ltd (UK Parking Control Ltd) Chasing a 5-Year-Old Parking Ticket, which I have no recollection of!

They are demanding £285 for a parking charge dating back to June 2016! I have until the 23rd of Oct to pay or reply but do not wish to pay if I don't have to.

Can anyone advise on the best course of action ASAP please x
    Tags: None

HI BIGSCOTTUK

Can you upload the 'official looking document', remove all personal details / reference numbers using Imgur.

@ostell Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      HI BIGSCOTTUK

Can you upload the 'official looking document', remove all personal details / reference numbers using Imgur.

@ostell Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Here is link to image - - I have checked online and it seems legit, so not sure what to do next!

Comment

You have received an official document from the court, it's a claim form. You go to the site referenced on the form using the password and acknowledge the claim. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

If you have no documents then CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors requesting all documents they intend to use in court, such as PCN and copies of the signs that created the alleged contract.

SAR to the parking company.

Links in the Shortcuts panel on this page

Look around for suitable defences to copy

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          You have received an official document from the court, it's a claim form. You go to the site referenced on the form using the password and acknowledge the claim. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

If you have no documents then CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors requesting all documents they intend to use in court, such as PCN and copies of the signs that created the alleged contract.

SAR to the parking company.

Links in the Shortcuts panel on this page

Look around for suitable defences to copy

Thank you for that advice, any links to a suitable defence document!

Comment

Google is your friend

Comment

I have a look around google and don't see anything, can you give me any pointers on what to search please x

Comment

ps here is copy of info I sent to their solicitor. Is it correct?

Dear Sirs,

Claim Number: H2KF6M0A – County Court Business Contre

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On 14/10/2021 I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defense and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defense.

1. The details of PCN – 1336161561524 3 - Issued on 04/06/2016 - for vehicle X538 EHB whilst parked at City Link retail Park, Newport Road Cardiff, CF24 1PQ

2. The Details of Said Contract and terms of breach PCN(s)4

3. The Driver agreement to pay said PCN within 28 days of issue

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.
                I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defense as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X