• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private parking ticket where permit had slipped off windscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private parking ticket where permit had slipped off windscreen

Hi, like some advice. I live on an estate which is managed by private parking firm. I have a valid resident permit which on Tuesday had actually slipped down the dashboard so wasn’t totally visible. I then received a £60 ticket for failure to display a valid permit. I was contacted the management company who deal with the parking firm and through their negotiation they o ffered to reduce the ticket to £30 as a gesture of goodwill but state that the fine was issued fairly. I want to know should I pay this or should I appeal? The other thing is the sign below where my car is parked has the location missing so it’s just any parking old sign and not specific to my estate wondering if I can contest this based on incomplete signage?
    Tags: None

Hi CLM

ostell Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

So what does the sign say? What does your lease say about parking?

Comment

Hi, the parking policy says that a valid permit needs to be shown, which it was but it had slipped down. The sign says about the rules of the parking and states the location but the location element is blank with no code so wondered if there was a loop hole and the sign is displayed but not specific to the location? Or should I frustratingly pay the reduced £30? Can share signage if easier?

Comment

Please answer the questions

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X