• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Advice - current status with Hoist - thoughts please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Advice - current status with Hoist - thoughts please?

Celestine

Hi!

I had CCJs entered into by default in March 2016 which I am looking forward to dropping off my credit file next year.

In the meantime, over this period, I have had outstanding accounts with Hoist Finance which I have not been paid towards (as I haven't been able to afford it)...

They have actually offered a large discount on one of them (84%) - I hope that follows for the rest. (Realistically, would there be any chance that they would go lower or has this ever been heard of? - I am pushing my luck a bit)

What would happen to the other CCJs if they don't offer a discount and I am still not able to pay? What options do I have?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice...
    Tags: None

Amethyst

Comment

Morning - so the CCJs which fall off shortly are not from Hoist and the last thing you want is more CCJs?
      Have you sent CCA requests to Hoist for these accounts?
      That is a huge discount offer - it won’t go lower because they buy the debt at around 10% of value. I strongly suspect something is flawed with this account at least.
      How old are the accounts (yr opened) and what lenders/creditors, we’ll try and advise how likely they are to be enforceable.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Celestine

Good morning! Thank you for your reply.

the CCJs were all entered into by default in 2016 (accounts are old) as I was living abroad for a few years and didn't get any mail and although I tried to set them aside (I represented myself in court - I lost the case because I was still on electoral roll and therefore could be served at last known address). At the time I was very worried about what might happen and couldn't go down the statute barred route unfortunately so I have been stuck with them. I have for the past 5 years not been able to make any payments due to my circumstances and they have since offered a discount
        e.g. original amount: £7985
        original amount + court fees/interest: £10871
        discount: £9132
        repayment amount: £1749

The six years end in q1 2022 - I am hoping for the other CCJs to have a similar sort of discount to be able to resolve this... but in the event they don't, what happens to the CCJs after the 6 year period has lapsed? Are they eternally enforceable through court?

Comment

Technically a CCJ debt is forever enforceable BUT the creditor would have to apply to the court for permission to enforce. Am I right I’m assuming you’ve kept a low profile credit wise? No mortgage, HP?
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Yes that's correct - I do not have any mortgage or HP...

In your experience, what is the likely hood that they would apply to court for permission to enforce? And although I am not currently employed, is it possible that they go through employers as and when employment begins? And from where would they get that info (aside from LinkedIn of course)?

Celestine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X