• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

They caught me shop lifting - did they act right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They caught me shop lifting - did they act right?

Hi everyone,
    its with full embodied shame (lol) that I write this here as I have been caught stupidly shop lifting.
    It’s not something I usually would do and I did recognise my mental health played a big part in this.
    I am just wondering if the security guards followed the right procedures.
    I was leaving the store as the security guard calmly approach me and explained the situation and with the same calm and kindness I sid sorry right away and realised it was wrong. He asked me to follow him to the room where 2 more security were also. It was the second time happening so they made me aware they knew and I again apologised.
    THEY TOOK SEVERAL (MAYBE QUITE TOO MANY) PICTURES OF ME but i did not show any sort of resistance and the only thing I did was apologise. They also banned me from the store and the shopping centre for 3 months and they asked for my ID. I did not have it with me and just before I could even mention I had a picture of it, one of the security officers said with a “threatening” tone” that the police could get involved if I didn’t show an ID etc, and I told him right away I was happy to show a picture of it. They had a look and then i signed a form.
    I did everything very quietly and kindly because I just wanted to forget about it already buit now thinking of it i am wondering if they were allowed to do all of that when I showed kindness, obied by the directions and exposed my mental health condition?
    ​​​​​​​ Obviously the 2 items that were stolen were given back straight away from me.
    I hope I managed to explain myself and thanks everyone for the help in advance.
    Tags: None

So you will probably get letter from a company asking for a payment to cover their losses. No losses they got everything back. Ignore.

Comment

ostell Thanks (I did give them a wrong house number lol so )

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X