• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

App Lifetime subscription

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App Lifetime subscription

Hello all. I bought an app for keeping track of my farm animals. I bought a lifetime subscription for this app. The developers are now wanting me to pay a monthyl subscription as the app they sold me is no longer supported. The app they now want me to subscribe to is called the same as the one I already have a lifetime subscription too. Can they do this? It seems very unfair, if they did not want lifetime subscriptions, why have they sold me one?
    Tags: None

Hi RURALMAN

That is 'unfair', it was sold to you on the basis that there would be a single payment. Check the Terms and Conditions of the App they sold you, see what they say regarding the 'lifetime subscription'.

Comment

Thank you for your reply! These are the terms and conditions they sent to me. They say these terms have not changed since the app was purchased in 2014.

14 TERMINATION
      14.1 We may terminate these Terms and any agreements formed by them immediately by written notice to you:
      14.1.1 if you commit a material or persistent breach of these Terms which you fail to remedy (if remediable) within 14 days after the service of written notice requiring you to do so;
      14.1.2 if you breach any of the Licence Restrictions or the Acceptable Use Policy; and
      14.1.3 for any other reason at our sole discretion.
      14.2 On termination for any reason:
      14.2.1 all rights granted to you under these Terms shall cease;
      14.2.2 we may prevent your access to, or use of, the App or the Services by disabling your account;
      14.2.3 you must immediately cease all activities authorised by these Terms, including your use of the App and any Services; and
      14.2.4 you must immediately delete or remove the App from all Devices, and immediately destroy all copies of the App then in your possession, custody or control and certify to us that you have done so.

Comment

14.1.2 - if you breach any of the Licence Restrictions or the Acceptable use policy. You should request both these policies as within the terms and conditions. As they may give you more details regarding 'lifetime subscription', But I agree with Echat11 that this is 'Unfair'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X