• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary interview

I got court shop lifting over £200, the police have called me and ask if I would come in for a voluntary interview, has this happen to anyone else and know what is going to happen thank u I've been advised to ask for a solicitor thank u
    Tags: None

You've been given the correct advice.

You will see quite a few similar threads about this on the forum

Comment

I have tried looking I see ppl have wrote on her but can't see any thing about what had happened after thank u

Comment

The final outcome depends on a number of things.
        Firstly the value of the goods they could prove were taken (not necessarily the same as the amount actually taken)
        Then there is whether or not the perpetrator has a record of similar behaviour.
        Also take into account the circumstances of the person concerned, eg a desperate mother feeding her children a little different to someone taking alcohol
        Also the contrition of the shoplifter

Then there is the reaction of the shop

Mostly it ends up with an informal warning or a police caution or a community restitution (your solicitor should advise you on the implications of any outcome offered)

Comment

Thank u so much for replying

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X