• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Inventory and account order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory and account order

My sibling was appointed as sole executor by my remaining parent to oversee the handling of my late parents estate, the duration of which has taken from Oct 2018 to current. Having received a spreadsheet from my sibling that contained a number of anomalies and extensively chased for correlating bank statements logging all funds received/ processed, it recently transpired that my sibling had received some funds suspiciously into their own bank account 'despite setting up a dedicated account' with these funds then being transferred into the dedicated account.
    Despite advising my sibling of my legal right to full visibility of every ‘line-by-line financial transaction’ showing all monies paid into all accounts affected and also transferred between, my sibling is advising that under the Data Protection Act, she is not obliged to present the bank statements for her own account which received funds from my parents estate, thus I have no way of establishing whether the amounts she transferred into the 'dedicated account' are true.
    Having continued to chase my sibling twice between July and August both times by text and email I have received no further contact and suspect I am being ghosted/ ignored as I have asked for clarity on:

- Why money has been unnecessarily paid into a second account (which is purported to be a personal account) despite opening a dedicated account right from the start for this very specific/ sole purpose.
    - Why I wasn’t advised that money was being paid into a second account

Any advice/ guidance would be very much appreciated.

Tags: None

Condolences on your loss, and the apparent breakdown in relations with your sibling.

You have requested a full inventory and account, so presumably you are a residuary beneficiary.

Other than the fact you are suspicious, do you have any evidence of wrong doing/
    You say the money paid into your sister's account was then transferred into the executor's account.
    I tend to agree with your sister that you have no right to copies of her bank statements

Residuary beneficiaries are entitled to see a copy of the Estate account i.e. the full statement of all of the Estate assets and liabilities including Executors expenses. A beneficiary has no entitlement as of right to see more detailed documents, although an Executor might supply them on request.

Comment

Thank you kindly DES 8 for your feedback.
      I can confirm that yes I am a residuary beneficiary.
      The evidence I have is that there are a number of unanswered discrepancies on the statement of account that I have been provided with and the lack of accurate traceability/ correlation of funds received against the statements from the Executors account.
      Any further advice you can provide would be much appreciated.
      Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X