• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims & AJJB Law - LBC Letter Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay Claims & AJJB Law - LBC Letter Received

Hi all, I am a new member looking for advice regarding an LBC that I have received from AJJB Law for a claim made by Allay Ltd, recently transferred across to Allay (UK) Ltd.

My case is very similar to a lot of threads on here and I will summarise below:

In April 2019 I did a free PPI check that I had seen on Facebook, I had notification via email that they believed I had PPI that could be reclaimed and that they would send me a claim pack via post. They were very insistent that the letters of authority needed to be completed, signed and returned.

Whilst waiting for the claim pack to arrive, I did some further investigation and found that due to my circumstances, any PPI reclaimed wouldn't be able to be kept by myself and that if I were to use a CMC that I would still be liable for their fee. On that basis I decided that I would not pursue any claims, either via a CMC or myself.

The claim pack arrived and I filed it, unsigned, I then had no end of "claim packs" sent insisting that I fill them in, they were filed along with the original claim pack. I still have them somewhere.

Some while later I received a letter from Santander to say that they had been contacted by Allay on my behalf and that a claim had been made. The claim was made in my favour, however due to my circumstances I was not eligible for the money and it was handed over to the OR.

Allay then sent me their infamous "congratulations we won" letter with a bill for their services. As you can imagine I was incredulous that they had the audacity to make the claim, with out my express written consent. For the record I have had no dialogue, apart from the initial "PPI check" via facebook, with Allay.

Initially I was going to appeal the bill, by contacting Santander and asking for proof that they had a signed letter of authority, to allow a third party to act on my behalf and further contact Allay to ask for proof that I had given them a signed letter of authority. Having read this forum and others, I decided to just ignore it and deal with it, if they progressed it any further.

I had a barrage of emails and letters, which is fairly common approach over the last year and answered none of them. It went quiet for a while, then a bit more and then quiet again. I then started to get letters and emails from CRS, which I blocked and filed, as I had done with the Allay ones. I then started to get letters from AJJB Law using similar threats as the others had done. I reasoned that as the others had used similar tactics and hadn't followed through that AJJB law would do the same. However, today I received their "Letter Before Claim" As a side note, their initial correspondence sited Allay Ltd as the client and then changed to Allay (UK) ltd. As per Allay website all debts were transferred to Allay (UK) ltd on 26.02.21. The 1st correspondence I had from AJJB was on 29.07.21

I will happily post it up, however the basics of it are, that I owe just over £500 to Allay UK Ltd and unless I pay up, they will be taking me to court.

I will be contesting the debt and am more than happy to go to court. I know without a doubt that Allay do not have the necessary proof to act on my behalf, along with the fact that they have not adhered to distance selling regs, in the absence of a contract or relevant terms and conditions. I am also confident that they know going to court over a debt of around £500 would just not be viable.

I would very much appreciate any help with the relevant information that I need to include in the reply to my "Letter Before Claim"

Another side note, I have seen a post on the forum, regarding Allay Ltd late accounts, if you check companies house Allay (UK) Ltd's accounts are also now late.

Please also let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Hiya

So as I understand it the PPI award went straight to the lender setting off debts you owed to them?

Have you received an actually letter before claim or just the threat of one? If it is a letter before claim you should have received an income & expenditure form to complete. Could you send it to me please at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com and I can advise accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      Hiya

So as I understand it the PPI award went straight to the lender setting off debts you owed to them?

Have you received an actually letter before claim or just the threat of one? If it is a letter before claim you should have received an income & expenditure form to complete. Could you send it to me please at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com and I can advise accordingly.
      HI
      Thanks for your reply.

I have had the actual letter, I will arrange to forward them across to you.

Do you want all of the other pages as well?

Many thanks

Comment

Yes please send them all.

Comment

Hiya

Got them, thanks.

Give me a day or two and I'll draft up the reasons why you're contracting the debt. We have to be careful that we don't show them too much of our hand but at the same time enough for them to know you have a strong defence and try and discourage them from issuing a claim.

In the meantime can you tell me:

1. What date did Allay claim that you filled out the 'Free PPI Check' form on Facebook?

2. Was it this one? ONLINE Hidden Insurance Checker Service (archive.org)

3. Or this one? PPI FREE CHECK (archive.org)

Comment

Great thanks.

In answer to your questions:
            1. It was around 08.04.19
            2. I am pretty sure it was ONLINE Hidden Insurance Checker Service (archive.org) that I filled out. I had an email from them to say that they had received my details and would send a claim pack out, that I would need to complete, sign and return.

Many thanks

Comment

Got the letter, thanks.

Got it, thanks.

You need to respond as follows.

Tick box D and put ''I did not agree, authorise or provide Allay with my infirmed consent to make any PPI claims''.

Tick Box I and ask for all the information that they hold on you in relation to the case.

Ignore everything else including the income & expenditure form.

This will put the ball back in their court.

Comment

That is great, very much appreciated.

I assume that they are looking for quick wins, i.e the threat of legal action is enough for some people to pay up, just to get rid of them?

Comment

Absolutely. Keep us posted if you hear anything further.

Comment

I will do, thanks again for your help.

Comment

Hi, just a quick thought.

When I send my information back to AJJB, should I sign the letter with my normal signature? The only reason I ask this is that I am 100% positive that I have never signed anything to give Allay permission to act on my behalf.

I am perhaps being a little paranoid, however I wouldn't want a similar version of it to mysteriously appear on any paper work that Allay rely on.......

Comment

I don't think it's a problem if you 'forget' to sign it.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          I don't think it's a problem if you 'forget' to sign it.
                          Great many thanks

Comment

I am in exactly the same situation but Allay ard demanding £251.00. I have only received a letter from AJJB warning of a formal letter before Claim being sent. At this stage do you advise I ignore or reply disputing the claim?

Is there more we should all do against this behaviour by Allay?

Comment

Originally posted by JoanneLB View Post
                              At this stage do you advise I ignore or reply disputing the claim?
                              I would ignore until if & when you get a formal letter of claim and dispute it at that point and then do as advised to others in my previous few posts.

I think it is unlikely that they'll actually issue claims for few hundred quid as it just wouldn't make commercial sense.

As I understand it the FCA are having a good look at Allay at the moment. Also as you may know Allay Claims Ltd recently sold all the 'debts' to Allay (UK) Ltd but both companies are late filing their accounts so hopefully that's a sign that they won't be around for to much longer.

ALLAY CLAIMS LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

ALLAY (UK) LTD. overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X