• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Broadband Cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband Cancellation

Hi,

Can someone please give me advice on where I stand with my broadband provider? My provider is meant to provide the fastest broadband in my area, yet it has been awful. I paid £29.50 for an initial 6 months, then it went up to £55.00pm. I have had constant emails for months telling me there are connection issues that are being looked in to, I have had to run speed tests which showed my connection was below the standard it should have been. I work from home and my net is always up and down. I have spoken to several people in their customer service department and only once has a manager phoned me back to explain the situation, he also told me I am tied in to an 18 month contract. My net was then ok for a couple of weeks, but now I have an email telling me there will be further disruption to my service next Thursday, surely this is not right? People I know in my area are all saying the same thing.

I want to come out if this contract because I am not getting the service I am paying for, can someone please tell me where I stand with this matter?

Thanks
    CRC74
    Tags: None

HI CRC74

The broadband speed tests you have done (do quite a few a different times), send them to your broadband provider, explain that they aren't as promised and the service is 'unacceptable'. Tell them you want to end the contract without any penalties (get that agreed in writing from them). If they won't let you do that, tell them you want a 'Deadlock' letter. If you want more information from them, then send them a SAR, they have 30 days to provide you with all the information on your account.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Once you've got the 'Deadlock' letter, lodge a complaint with the Services Ombudsman.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Here's some more info: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...questions.html
    Last edited by echat11; 25th July 2021, 10:57:AM.

Comment

Suggest you also get the connection speed by looking into the modem/router. They can't argue about that

Comment

Hi ECHAT11,

Thank you very much for your advice, I will do as you suggest and keep you updated on the outcome.

CRC74

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X