• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Garage woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage woes

Long story but in short
    Car taken to repair mechanic ( LTD Company ) called XXYY here.
    XXYY LTD company goes under ,now in strike off mode at company house
    Managed to get car back minus loads of parts
    Located one part cylinder head at another workshop
    Tried to get head back and had reply below
    Yes garage XXYY has messed a lot of lives up.
    How do I get my head back from these people , it is obvious XXYY is not going to pay them and they will not
    deal with me .
    The other parts of the engine have been damaged while with XXYY so I just
    want to get a recon unit but I need all the bits for exchange unit.
    Unable now to find company XXYY, director resigned , registered office no longer acting for them .
    Any ideas please

-----------------------

Good morning,
    I have taken advice on what is happening with your mini engine.
    I have been told that the contract, which still exists, is between ourselves and XXYY.
    Considering our claim through the courts is still not finalised, this contract is still ongoing
    which means we cannot deal with yourself over any of it.
    We fully understand your frustration, but we are not in any position to go any further and give you any
    of the components.
    We apologise for this, but as you are aware XXYY are the ones who are rocking the boat in all directions.
    Until our case is resolved we can no longer give any information, or components to you.
    We will be in touch as soon as it is resolved our end.
    Tags: None

Have you objected to the strike off application? https://www.gov.uk/object-to-a-limit...ing-struck-off

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Have you objected to the strike off application? https://www.gov.uk/object-to-a-limit...ing-struck-off
      Yes , as I am trying to take legal action against the company . XXYY as there are other expensive parts missing

Comment

So other than trying to recover your missing parts () there is little you can do.
        If the parts can be located you might have some success, but if you are looking for financial compensation do you think the company actually has any assets?

I'm wondering if you could make a claim for return of your head against the engineers who are in possession of it
        It was passed to them to work on, so they have possession but not ownership.
        Presumably your garage now owe them money for that work, and they are retaining the head until paid (they possibly have a lien on the head)
        Are they not prepared to allow you to pay?
        As it is your property and you are not party to their contract with your garage, I wonder if you could obtain a court order for its return.
        Tagging R0b for another's view
        Last edited by des8; 20th July 2021, 21:26:PM.

Comment

So other than trying to recover your missing parts () there is little you can do.
          If the parts can be located you might have some success, but if you are looking for financial compensation do you think the company actually has any assets?

I'm wondering if you could make a claim for return of your head against the engineers who are in possession of it
          It was passed to them to work on, so they have possession but not ownership.
          Presumably your garage now owe them money for that work, and they are retaining the head until paid (they possibly have a lien on the head)
          Are they not prepared to allow you to pay?
          As it is your property and you are not party to their contract with your garage, I wonder if you could obtain a court order for its return.
          Tagging R0b for another's view
          Thanks for the input , the issue seems to be that a number of heads where sent for repair , mine is only one , I think they are chasing for a number of repairs. I am sure company has assets eg ramps , car diag tools , tyre fitting stuff etc . But they have formed another LTD company
          and started up again . And equipment vanished

Comment

Have you contacted Trading Standards? (through Citizens Advice Bureau)

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
              Have you contacted Trading Standards? (through Citizens Advice Bureau)
              Yes and followed advice to the letter have all ref numbers and copies of chats the CAB have passed all info the TS

Comment

What value has the missing parts?

Comment

What value has the missing parts?
                  At the moment around 2k , but I have no idea what the company who have the head has. Was it stripped before they had it
                  or was it sent to them complete , worst case is 4 x injectors , 2 cams bearings , carriers , sprockets for cams . If they have all the bits then great but
                  if bits are lost its another 1k

Comment

Originally posted by dorset77 View Post

Thanks for the input , the issue seems to be that a number of heads where sent for repair , mine is only one , I think they are chasing for a number of repairs. I am sure company has assets eg ramps , car diag tools , tyre fitting stuff etc . But they have formed another LTD company
                    and started up again . And equipment vanished
                    Wouldn't count on those items belonging to the limited company.
                    The more expensive items could be leased/on hire purchase; the hand tools owned privately by the mechanics and anything left will attain low prices at an auction.

Get the feeling these guys might have done this before.

Comment

I'm taking it that you hadn't paid any kind of deposit with a Debit Card / Credit Card for the work, when they went 'under'?

Comment

Wouldn't count on those items belonging to the limited company.
                        The more expensive items could be leased/on hire purchase; the hand tools owned privately by the mechanics and anything left will attain low prices at an auction.

Get the feeling these guys might have done this before.
                        Thaks for inpout You are correct there was another company , but they where silly enough not to change mobile phone number , so when google is used the other company ( that came and went ) is very visible

Comment

I'm taking it that you hadn't paid any kind of deposit with a Debit Card / Credit Card for the work, when they went 'under'?
                          Thanks for reply . When I first had feelings things where going pear shaped I asked for a chargeback for deposit , it was returned to me . . The speed it was actioned was very quick , no fights no questions.

Comment

I'm fairly sure the Government said they were 'cracking down' on companies with this sort of setup -

https://www.gov.uk/complain-company

Comment

I'm fairly sure the Government said they were 'cracking down' on companies with this sort of setup -

https://www.gov.uk/complain-company
                              Thanks , I have been in contact with them 5-6 weeks ago when the old company was abandoned and a new one started up. My own feelings are they are mainly admin to hold company information and have very few powers of investigation . It seems to me there are so many holes in the system it is easy to get around and come and go as needed . It seems so easy to start a company , milk it , abandon it , wait for compulsory strike off , and then start again . The Citizens advice people and Trading Standards gave me a lot of clues who to contact , links etc .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X