• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

"All Monies" charge with Welcome Finance (Coast Finance) Secured against MY house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "All Monies" charge with Welcome Finance (Coast Finance) Secured against MY house

Good Afternoon

Sorry for the long post. I have searched and read lots of info but nothing to help me specifically with this issue.

My husband and I have separated and are getting divorced and will be going through a full financial separation (very early stages)

Since his leaving I have opened a letter from Coast Finance stating they are going to start repossession proceedings due to an unpaid secured loan against the house.

My Ex husband took out a loan (secured) with WF in 2007 in his name, however secured against our mortgaged property (both names on mortgage). I did sign to agree for this to happen in 2007 as we were getting married and had home improvements to make.

Unknown to me he then returned in 2009 and took out a further £10k (new loan to cover the past loan and get extra).

I did not sign for this to happen, I didn't even know! They are defending it by saying "At this loan meeting (2009) a new Legal Charge was prepared but never used as the original charge from May 2007, an "all monies" charge, signed by both parties was still valid".

The letter also states than in Nov 2010 the loan was reduced (by around £1500) in "the re write of the loan" (to remove a PPI charge). Again unknown to me and nothing signed by me.

My questions are these
    • This "all monies" charge would never have been explained to me and must be hidden in some tiny print which means I was duped into signing something giving my husband at the time full range to go get additional funds against our house without my knowledge. I would NEVER have agreed. Where do I stand on this? Is this loan even legal enforceable (they can go after him all they like but they are coming after my house!)
    • The Loan is in his singular name, but they want to reposes me - again, I never agreed to this. IF the only option is to pay it can they agree payments with me or only him (as he will not do anything about it - no longer his problem as far as he is concerned)
    • Surely there is something about irresponsible lending - he never paid over the 2 years the initial loan (I have later found out from a statement sent through) so why on earth would they lend another £10k to someone who clearly couldn't afford (or had no intention of paying) the first sum of money lent to them?!
    • Lastly, this was in 2007 / 2009 and they are chasing now - in 2021?! To my knowledge no payments have been made since 2009. Is there not a period of time they have to enforce debt or is it different for secured loans (although I am arguing the whole amount is secured!)

I have called Coast and have been advised to seek legal advice. They have given me 3 weeks. I have sought legal advice and they have informed me it will be £234 per hour, which could rack up to thousands. Citizens Advice cannot give me legal advice. I do not get any benefits therefore no legal aid advice. I am happy to communicate with the loan company myself however have no idea which pieces of law or legislation to be quoting and cannot find anything relevant online!

Any help would be hugely appreciated! I am at my wits end.

NB I cannot communicate with my husband as he is currently on bail and there is a non mol order in place for his harassment and domestic violence towards me. We have 3 children in the house.
    Tags: None

I believe you cannot be forced to leave the house, as you have children.

Comment

Google - Royal Bank of Scotland v Etridge

Undue influence/lack of independent advice can unwind these contracts.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X