• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fair Rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Rent

Hi - thank you for this amazing resource ♡☆♡☆ really struggling with wellbing due to long term health and housing related issues and mismatched neighbours - my housing officer termed it as cultural differences - am trying to transfer from London to East Anglia and have a beautiful Housing Association 1 bed flat in West London - Notting Hill - am an Assured long term Fair Rent Tenant and can only Exchange nationally and not Transfer nationally - only allowed to move around London WHY ??
    The only suitable swap that have found on an Exchange/ Homeswap website is a new build- with a so called Affordable Rent Tenancy - more expensive than my home in London and double the median social rent in East Anglia ?? and not protected fair rents - more expensive as set by Private Sector and will result in loosing hard earnt Assured Fair Rent Tenancy . Having left home at 16 - my doctor in London and temporary Doctor in East Anglia due to long term covid lockdown - fully support the move out of London for complex health reasons and personal related long term housing issues and wish to support me returning to part time work - my housing association cant help and recently the Housing Officer exacerbated relations between myself and neighbours after discussing past situation confidentially with my housing officer - I requested them not to write to them due to past incidents as was scared due to past incidents the housing Officer wrote a 'Letter of Accusations' after speaking to the Housing Ombudsman was told to retract the letter and just move - easier said than done. I cannot make myself intentionally homeless and cant afford private rents in or outside of London. Was homeless aged16. I was offered a hard to let Secure Council tenant in South London in1990 and didnt realise that moving from a Secure Council to an Assured Housing Association would loose my Secure Tenancy and took on an Assured Fair Rent Tenancy agreement in 1995 - no internet naive an not made aware of housing rights and law by housing support.

1 Could I get the Secure Tenancy back if can prove I had one?

Am desperate to leave London due to my physical and mental health deterioration and wish to return to part time work as am on benefits and stuck in catch 22 - was an teacher - lecturer - project manager blah blah blah and worked for many years. Now in my 50's with no family support and wanting to return to part time work - stay at friends outside of London part time in temporary accomodation for my wellbeing and have recently had to put my cats with Foster Carers outside of London as cant live full time due to physical health deterioration and Complex PTSD exaverbated by neighbours and which have been responsibly managing for many years - my flat would suite a lively family- young couple or single young person - is on Notting Hill Carnival route - please help me to move - am having a really tough time and just want to be with my cats in a quiet and calm environment near friends and support groups - cannot afford private renting - have no children - am single fair gentle Cat Lady in search of a gentle home for myself and my two cats. Any reccomendations are appreciated went to Shelter and they could not help me and advised me to stay put and not make myself intentionally homeless.
    Your sincerely
    Heart Mirror
    Tags: None

duplicating threads

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X