• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unpaid bill for leak in my ceiling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid bill for leak in my ceiling

Unpaid bill for work carried out from a leak in bath/shower. Needing three new ceilings and decorating.I have written letter of claim (12th May2021) to the owner of the flat above me and gave him 28days to respond. Up to now I have had no response The next step is a letter to the court.
    The initial cost was £1450.00 insurance excess £1500.00. I requested in letter of claim £10050.00 as a gesture of goodwill. Following 28 day without response can I claim the full amount in my application to the court or does it have to be what I requested in my initial letter of claim? My gesture of good will is rapidly fading.
    Tags: None

I'm not sure. Hopefully more knowledgeable will post.
    However, my inclination would be to claim the full cost. Have you proof he received your offer ? It was made with the implication it could settle the matter without incurring legal expenses. He has rejected so, in my view, back to actual cost.

Comment

£10050.00 hopeful !!

Comment

Withdraw the offer of reduced amount in writing at the same time as you file your claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X