• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newby on the job..........with a small legal issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby on the job..........with a small legal issue.

Hi All

Being new to this forum game and I have a bit of issue to deal with. Thought I'd say hello!

I dare say that you have come across many a parking issue over the time this forum has existed.

While working for a local airport, I drove onto the approach road for entry to the workers carpark. I mistakenly left my parking permit in my work bag which i transported in my car boot.
    I stopped for less than 30 seconds to retrieve the pass and continued to my allotted parking space.
    A few weeks later I received a fine for this action.

I ignored the letters thinking they were trying to pull a fast one, now I have had a court form and called the Mediation Service.

Any idea how I stand?

Today there was another letter saying they will accept a payment of £175, which is still more than the original fine.
    I bet they will.
    It is now a "defended claim."

The money is not that big a deal, me being retired and in receipt of a good work pension and good earlier investments but I feel there is a principle here.

What do the legal experts on here think?

Cheers

Bingo

Tags: None

So what was the origi al letter they sent? What is in the Pargiculars of Claim and what did you put in your defence?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X