• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP - wrongfully accused but have no proof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original receipt s from other store???

Comment

I think he mentioned that he had them

Comment

Thought so then produce them to the store in question and claim also an apology should be afforded as long receipts match the garment's failure to which formal complaints to the CEO

Comment

DES8- do you think I should submit a subject access request ?

Comment

I can't say what you should do.
            If it was I, I would just not bother for the sake of 2 jumpers.

You can write and complain to the CEO and produce the receipts.
            If you are lucky they will apologise, but generally they close ranks and say their staff acted correctly.

Comment

When I went back home I couldn’t find my receipts, not sure whether I lost them inside a supermarket bag. If I had them I would’ve returned on the same day demanding my goods back and an apology. Now lost my goods ( not a big issues cos they were less than £30) but have gone through a shameful experience and now being chased for a fine .. from your knowledge/ experience they never pursue further when people don’t pay?

Comment

Shame you mislaid your receipts.

They did try once to take it to court but got so spanked that they haven't tried again. Search around on her for the Oxford case and you should find some writeups.

Comment

Legal Beagles
                  LEGAL BEAGLES
                  News

#1 RLP and the Oxford test case: The truth and the lies

15th October 2012, 10:37:AM
                  Category: Civil Recovery

Earlier this year we published the judgment in the case A Retailer v Ms B & Ms K .

Comment

Here's a starter for you: https://legalbeagles.info/civil-reco...ated-in-court/

Comment

Thank you for sharing those cases . I have decided to ignore the letter ( but do think they I’ll probably receive further threatening ones) . I’ll keep you posted. Having seen other people’s posts on their contact with CAB ( which I initially thought to contact ) but I don’t think I will now. I will also not pay. Already lost my jumpers and had a horrible experience and feel absolutely nervous thinking of being earmarked when walking to another supermarket if they shared my photo around

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X