• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

owed 15k by individual - what to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owed 15k by individual - what to do?

i lent an ex 15K. been over a year, hvent had a single penny repaid. i am in touch with him, i know of his address but he is single and moves alot. he had a low paid job which can i get the pay deducted from his pay when he works again?? now unemplloyed again i have email of loan and whatsapp.. he has agreed he owes me via email. has no assets or savings apparentlyy id love to take him to small claims court but will i win?? how does it work after u fill in the form. the only way i know of his employment status id through him, so if he ignores and blocks what can i do?? ive now got depression and lost my ob for a year now duue too this stress - please help!
    Tags: None

You can obviously start a claim in the County Court, but reading your comments I would say you don't have much chance of ever seeing that money back. Not what you want to hear but life teaches us all a lot of lessons, and one is if you cannot afford to lose that amount of money don't lend it.

Comment

The chances are that the claim will not be allocated to the small claims track as it exceeds £10,000 limit.

As you are unemployed you will probably be able to claim fee remission so your court costs, if you make a claim, will be nil.
      However there could be cost implications if he defends any claim, uses a solicitor and you don't win.

And as pointed out above, if he has no money the chances of recovering your loan are severely diminished.
      Perhaps leave it a couple of years and see if he is working then.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X