• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Miss sold item

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss sold item

Ring purchased at auction 2015. Description 2carat sapphire 4 carat diamonds.

Ring taken for independent valuation. Notified by independent valuer that ring was NOT 4 carat diamonds. There was only 2 carat of diamonds and 2 carat sapphire.

I returned to auction house as this was a mis-sold/description of a ring.

Auction house offered to let me keep ring, told me but to keep looking for a replacement. I should then set the value of the mis-sold ring against the new purchase. There would be no time limit on this arrangement. I would pay any differences and all fees.

I found a similar ring (2 carat sapphire 2.35 diamonds), in March 2021, but auction house wanted an additional £570.

I felt that my offer of direct swap was extremely fair, in-fact I felt I should be given some form of compensation. I asked how much my Mis-sold ring would be listed in upcoming auction. This ring would be listed at £2,300 + fees, but opening bid would be lower. I pointed out that I had bought this ring after auction for approximately £3841.

I pointed out that this ring should have increased in value. Obviously what I had paid for was a ring as described ..... 4 carat of diamonds. Now the auction house was listing the ring with a valid description, 2 carat of diamonds.

Can anyone suggest where I go from here?

Facts: A mis sold ring, sold as 4 carats when ring had only 2 carats.

Valuer at auction house declared her value on the ring sold to me in 2015, with 4 carats at £3300. but if she Put same ring into auction in 2021 with a true description (2 carat diamonds) she would ask for an opening bid of £2300.

Additionally the auction house has now placed a time limit of 60 days to resolve the issue. After this period the will be no exchange etc.

what are my options?

Thanks
    faretrade
    Tags: None

Was the similar ring available through the auction house?

The swap element of this agreement is concerning, because the auction house will be able to use their knowledge and cunning(!) to still make this profitable to them, it creates an imbalance.

The simplest solution would be a straightforward refund. As agreement has not been reached on a swap, your statutory right to a refund would be the route forward, then purchase an alternative ring at your leisure - with quality verification ahead of the purchase.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

When exactly in 2015 did you purchase the ring?
      I'm looking at Limitation Act in case you need to initiate a court claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X