• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sexual harassment in school

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual harassment in school

Hi Guys,

Due to recent media coverage on sexual violence and harassment in schools, the overwhelming testimonies of 1000’s of female pupils on the ‘everyone invited’ website, resulted in OFSTED approaching NSPCC to set up a dedicated phone line.

My daughter was a victim of sexting obtained by threats which resulted in detective involvement. Result was no action taken as it was, according to police and MASH records his first offence and no other concerns have been raised by school or children’s services.

The school she attends where this boy is denied any knowledge that the police had informed them of this crime, contrary to the text I have from the detective and forwarded to the school. Received no response or explanation.

I have now received testimonies from 4 other girls that have either or been sexual touched/ harassed from year 7 by the same age male and his older brother by at least 2 years.

NSPCC have classed this boy, now 16, as a ‘significant risk to female pupils’ and referred to police and children’s services.

My last contact from police was Tuesday 25/04/21. The boy is still at school and is 6’ 2, rugby build and smallest, most harassed girl is 5’2, none have male older siblings.

2 years ago I emailed my concerns listed above, it was forwarded to safeguarding and again ignored.

Girls have been totally gaslighted and one was discouraged from contacting police by same safeguarding teacher because they were told; ‘ no point really, it’s not like you have any evidence’.

Please advise, concerned mother

Thank you

p.s not sure how these threads work as far as feedback so my apologies if I am delayed in responding. Thank you
    Tags: None

Download the school complaints policy and make an official complaint. Safeguarding concerns must be taken seriously. Also inform the LEA and Ofsted if the matter is not sorted.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. Hoping to write a complaint today and wanting to bullet point laws and legislations they have breeched and failings. Difficult act to balance, trying to be discreet so perpetrator doesn’t have chance to delete evidence of sexting from phone or other devices but police have made little effort, left one message with school. School policies state they support alleged perpetrators of this behaviour .
      So really difficult.

Comment

Good luck. I do not think written school policy will support those who engage in this behaviour. If the school is NOT applying their own policies then then have a problem. Ensure that you refer to any other policies breached (is there a safeguarding / social media policy?) I would be inclined if it is such a serious incident to ring the safeguarding team at the LEA and see what they say. This is a horrible situation but you can really make a difference.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X