• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA request sent - £1 cheque has been cashed - no reply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA request sent - £1 cheque has been cashed - no reply

Hello

I have been managing my debts for over 8 years with step change (6 different borrowers/collection agencies)

Having thought about offering final settlements I came across information for the request for CCAs (on this website)

I have sent all CCA requests off (recorded delivery and payment) and Barclays have been great in providing the necessary documentation and correspondence but PRA (old MBNA card £5500 remaining) and Link (unsure of who original debt remaining £2700) have sent nothing despite cashing the cheque 42 working days ago. I understand from previous advise about the time limit but wanted to just check a few things

1, Am i ok to send a letter (I've seen a template but if anyone could provide a link thanks) stating the above and that the debt is not enforceable?

2, If above is ok have i allowed the correct time?

3, If it is unenforceable am i within my rights to contact stepchange to cease these payments and use the money for the remaining debts?

4, is there anything else i need to do be mindful of?

Thanks for you help and advise

J
    Tags: None

OK, good approach on sending CCA requests off. Beyond 12 days, if no response is received, the debt becomes temporarily unenforceable, possibly permanently. What this means in reality is that they cannot enforce the debt via a judgment in court. It does not mean they cant write to you, telephone you etc. Unenforceable really does mean - no judgment, but does not necessarily protect you from a court claim being issued - it has happened.
    I would certainly be writing back to them to chase the documents, but essentially a limbo now exists AND most importantly you can use that to negotiate a better final settlement.
    If you cease payments on any of these accounts, there is a genuine possibility they will eventually escalate to court action; but you would be able to defend and they would not get judgment while the CCA is outstanding.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks

This morning I received a letter from Link saying original creditor are unable to comply with the request for CCA

thus the debt is unenforceable. I understand they may continue to send letters and may find it but what are my best options ?

offer an extremely low settlement figure?

offer a nominal value - 1 pound each month and after 12 months offer a low settlement amount

or just cease paying?

these debts are over 6 years old and not on my current credit report

any advise greatly recieved

Comment

Why pay if there is no requirement? They have told you they cannot find the CCA.

You could always pay the money you were paying into a savings account and then after 6 years if the still haven't found it then it is yours.

Comment

Thank you thats what I thought but wanted someone to confirm

Should I just stop or send a letter notifying then of me ceasing payments until cca is found ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X