• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Insurance Claim Cancelled After Policy was finished

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Claim Cancelled After Policy was finished

Had an accident in 2016
    Fixed my car my self and continued to pay my insurance as normal
    At the time of the accident rang my insurance company ingi ne at the time and told them about the accident and left it there
    At the time did not realise that my insurance company was underwritten by a company called RSA
    Kept receiving letters did not respond as i thought it was fraud (silly of me)
    2 years later they said my premium has been void from 2 years ago (even thought i paid the full years premium)
    I went on a payment plan to repay the debt but not im thinking did i get ripped off
    Please find the letter attached and let me know if i have any grounds for appeal or should i just pay before the charges rise further
    Last edited by jaemarlawes; 28th April 2021, 11:33:AM. Reason: atatch image
    Tags: None

Sorry, but your post is unclear.

I understand this is to do with motor insurance.
    You were involved in an accident in 2016.
    You advised your insurers of the incident but did not make a claim (presumably no third party involved) and repaired your vehicle at your own expense.
    Your insurers were INGENIE (? not as you posted?)

RSA (who are on the panel of insurers who underwrite INGENIE policies) wrote to you but you ignored their letters?
    Do you know what those letters said?

You state: 2 years later they said my premium has been void from 2 years ago (even thought i paid the full years premium)
    What is the exact wording of their letter? (suggest you post a redacted copy so we can see)
    Did you pay those premiums?
    Do you have a record of those payments? (bank statements?)

What debt did you agree to pay?

If your premiums hadn't been paid for two years I would have expected the policy to have been cancelled, and you would not have been able to renew the car tax. This would lead to letters from the DVLA and possibly a stop by the police if you were spotted on the road.

Comment

Hi des sorry the post is not clear are you able to see the attachment im not allowed from some reason to upload have you got a personal email i can send the letter to if you do not mind

Comment

Originally posted by jaemarlawes View Post
        Had an accident in 2016
        Fixed my car my self and continued to pay my insurance as normal
        At the time of the accident rang my insurance company ingi ne at the time and told them about the accident and left it there
        At the time did not realise that my insurance company was underwritten by a company called RSA
        Kept receiving letters did not respond as i thought it was fraud (silly of me)
        2 years later they said my premium has been void from 2 years ago (even thought i paid the full years premium)
        I went on a payment plan to repay the debt but not im thinking did i get ripped off
        Please find the letter attached and let me know if i have any grounds for appeal or should i just pay before the charges rise further
        Hi des sorry the post is not clear are you able to see the attachment im not allowed from some reason to upload have you got a personal email i can send the letter to if you do not mind

Comment

Upload to a hosting site such as imgur and put the link on here

Comment

Originally posted by jaemarlawes View Post

https://imgur.com/DE1qFaX

Comment

From that partial copy it seems that you were insured when you had an accident, (but although you advised Ingenie) you ignored letters from your insurer who had to pay out a third party claim.
              Because you ignored their letters they were unable to defend the claim.
              They cancelled the policy, but you continued paying the premiums???
              You have already paid approx half of the claim

Quite honestly I think your best course of action is to continue paying, and learn the lesson that letters should not be ignored

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                From that partial copy it seems that you were insured when you had an accident, (but although you advised Ingenie) you ignored letters from your insurer who had to pay out a third party claim.
                Because you ignored their letters they were unable to defend the claim.
                They cancelled the policy, but you continued paying the premiums???
                You have already paid approx half of the claim

Quite honestly I think your best course of action is to continue paying, and learn the lesson that letters should not be ignored
                i think so too
                and to your question no they cancelled it after my premium finished 2 years later . i kept paying until it as done just did not get a no claims bonus
                thank you for taking the time to look into it

Comment

Ok
                  So there was a claim so you lost your bonus.

They are now chasing the cost of the third party claim because you did not cooperate with them and this meant they could not defend the claim.
                  A condition of the policy is that you assist.

Take it as a lesson learnt the hard way

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X