• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

planning permission in a private road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planning permission in a private road

Hi, I'm looking for advise on planning permission in a private road. I'm buying a property and would like to split the plot and build another property on it. The private road is owned by approximately 20 other households, they have a residents association, 5 committee members and a chairman. Each household pays a equal annual payment to the upkeep of the road/track. I would use the ordinary drive and split it to gain access to the new property ( shared drive ) My Question is do they have the power to stop vehicles driving up the private road to the entrance of my shared drive? Regards Mark
    Tags: None

I assume you all have a right of access.
    Is the whole road communally owned or do you each own half of the frontage ? It depends on the wording of ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot22 View Post
      I assume you all have a right of access.
      Is the whole road communally owned or do you each own half of the frontage ? It depends on the wording of ownership.
      Hi thanks you the reply , all properties have right of access and i know all the residents bought the freehold of the road and frontage 4/5 years ago

Comment

Although privately owned is it also a public highway?
        If so the residents cannot prevent access by others.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Although privately owned is it also a public highway?
          If so the residents cannot prevent access by others.
          Hi thank you for the reply , i will ask the question to my father who lives in the road . I do know that in the past residents have stop additional drives to a property in the road. Im just hoping for a shared drive

Comment

Hi this is the agreement for the road, hope this helps? Copy of signed PRMA 09 Aug 17.pdf

Comment

An easement is attached to the land, not the person who owns the land or the properties on the land, so all the land that currently enjoys access has a right to use it. Therefore if you divide your plot normally both parts will continue to have access rights.

For the burden of a maintenance agreement to pass to successors in title they normally need have been written and agreed to at the same time the original easement was granted.
              Last edited by Ukmicky; 14th December 2021, 23:03:PM.

Comment

Is that an easement or just a permission to individuals?
                I know the reference is to "an easement", but the document does limit it to "the member homeowners etc etc" and it is an unusual wording.
                I can just see solicitors having a field day with this, followed by a big fat cheque

Does the Land Registry Proprietorship File make reference to a covenant or easement?

Last edited by des8; 15th December 2021, 14:03:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X