• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Home address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home address

Hi, I’m not even sure if this really comes under a legal situation but I wonder if someone could possibly help?

Basically I need advice on a home address issue. My problem is that since a divorce and the recent sale of the joint home I am currently without my own personal home address. Because of my job I work away every week from at least Monday to Friday and on the one or two days that I’m not working on the weekend I usually stay at my girlfriends anyway so I actually have no need to own or rent a property myself.

The problem is now I’m without an actual home address of my own and I need to change my Bank account, Driving license, Car registration details etc...

Although I’m now with someone else and stay at her home when not working we are not at the point of moving in together etc..

So what I would like to know if anyone can help is what would be the best way or my options of having an address too use for what I need whilst not actually needing an actual place too reside of that makes sense.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

I suggest asking your girlfriend for permission to use her place as your home address. You do not need to share ownership to have it as your address.
    Alternatively, do you always go to the same address when away ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      To be honest if possible I’d rather not use my girlfriends address as not only is it very early days also her ex husband still pays 100% of the mortgage etc for her and the children and it sort of doesn’t feel right to be using somebody else’s home as my own if that makes sense?
      I don’t need an address to use for obtaining any credit etc against it’s literally just to register myself for my driving license etc.
      I have considered renting a room somewhere or something but it just seems a waste as it will never be used.
      During the week I travel all over so I’m never at the same address.

Comment

Yes, it does make sense.
        Is there a friend or relative who might let you use their address ?

Comment

Yeah, you probably should ask someone to use their address. Don't you have any friends?

Comment

I'm sure he has. Just checking legalities. Someone I know is using xr protest camp as address. Accepted by court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X