• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VCS parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCS parking ticket

Hi, I’m hoping someone could advise/ help me please. I have currently 2 separate parking tickets for the same car park. The recent news on them are is 1 is just at the process of letter before claim, and 1 is where a letter from Northampton county court. I have only just come across the letters due to having to not being able to be at my mums property has she has been having to shield due to obvious reasons. I have not responded to any of them yet, due to asking for advice on here first. I have attached the letters for more info. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
    Tags: None

The letter from the court is a judgement letter. You have failed to respond in time to previous court letters and you have been found liable to pay. If you don't pay within 30 days then a CCJ will be recorded against your name in the credit reference agencies.

Comment

Thank you ostell. Would you recommend just paying that one then ?
      Also what would you recommend on the of letter before claim. Thanks

Comment

You could try a set aside but as the forms were correctly addressed the chances of success would be slim to nil.

If you don't pay within 30 days, and you're half way through that now, then a CCJ will be recorded against your name and getting any form of credit or goods will be difficult for 6 years. Up to you.

For the LBC then you need to respond. You really need copies of the PCN that was issued. As you don't have that then a CPR 31.14 request to VCS asking for the PCN and copies of the signs that created the alleged contract.

Comment

The forms was addressed to my mothers and not my house. I will pay the ccj claim to settle.

But will contact them about the separate incident as a defence ?

Comment

Pay it quickly before it goes to external collectors who will add their charges.

Yes you need to contact them and tell them why you are not liable for the charge but it is impossible to create a defence with no documents.

Why did you not change you V5 to show where you were living?

Comment

I have paid it and settled this one.
              I was still living at my mums as my home wasn’t ready to move in before the pandemic hit and was leaving my car j everything else there. I then literally got my stuff and got out when she knew she had to shield and stayed with friends until mine was ready. I am changing all v5 and drivers licence now. I will respond to the LBC with reasoning and request PCN and copies for the site

Comment

Reasoning will get you nowhere. To request documents use CPR 31.14 request for PCN and sign details. Template in the shortcuts panel on this page.

What was the location of the alleged breach?

Do not identify driver.

All post by first class with free certificate of posting from a post office.

Comment

Thanks ostell.
                  the location was crown street car park, leeds
                  i will not identify driver

Comment

Would it be best to email

Comment

It's a formal request so a formal letter is probably best as you can show you sent it with a certificate of posting. Do both.

Comment

I am currently setting up a email to reply to a letter before claim sent from VCS. Could someone please check this draft and amend anything for me which would be the best to send thank you in advancd

Comment

Name

18/03/2021

Vehicle control services

Dear Sirs,

Claim Number:...

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On 25/02/21 I received a Letter before claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on 06/12/2020

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.

I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X