• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Removal of CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of CCJ

Dear all,

I had two CCJs on my credit file and one has been removed this month and another is due to be removed Oct this year. I have not paid any monies towards it or written to them through out the 6 years.

I have 3 questions please

Can they, the creditor/debt buyer request for monies after the CCJ has been removed?
    Can they submit another CCJ after it has been on my 6 years and has been removed?
    If it is yes to the second question, can I use statute bar.......?
    Tags: None

if they try and get monies after 6 years they would have to apply to court BUT would need a very very good excuse as to why not actioned prior, chances they know not to bother?? sure others will comment also.

no statue barred on CCJ

Comment

If the creditor fails to maintain contact with you for six years or more, you may be able to claim that the outstanding debt is statute barred under the Limitation Act 1980. This means the creditor cannot use the legal system to enforce payment of the outstanding debt.

Comment

If you have been previously taken to court by the creditor and a County Court Judgment (CCJ) has been granted, you will not be able to use the Limitations Act 1980 and the debt will still be enforceable (with the courts permission) even if the debt is more than six years

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          If you have been previously taken to court by the creditor and a County Court Judgment (CCJ) has been granted, you will not be able to use the Limitations Act 1980 and the debt will still be enforceable (with the courts permission) even if the debt is more than six years
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by osophi View Post
            Dear all,

I had two CCJs on my credit file and one has been removed this month and another is due to be removed Oct this year. I have not paid any monies towards it or written to them through out the 6 years.

I have 3 questions please

Can they, the creditor/debt buyer request for monies after the CCJ has been removed?
            Can they submit another CCJ after it has been on my 6 years and has been removed?
            If it is yes to the second question, can I use statute bar.......?
            Thank you all. The CCJ has been on my credit file for 6 years and it was removed this month March 2021. I just wanted clarification on the questions above in terms of the same creditor/lender/debt recovery agency. Thank you in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X