• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Returning vehicle on finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning vehicle on finance

Hi
    I need some advise please .I purchased a car on finance and 6 months on the turbo has gone in it . I have only done just over 1000 miles as been in lock down confined to our local area . The cost of repairs is over £1000 which I cant afford and feel that only having the vehicle 6 months hardly driving it due to covid restrictions means the car is not fit for purpose £11,000 finance in total .I sufferer severe mental health issue ,suicidal thoughts ,and self harming ,severe anxiety panic attacks ,depression and cant be left alone so go to my sisters or sons daily for husband to work , go shopping and see his son and now need 2 taxis a day to get there and back and also my husband works part time and needs taxis to and from work ,financially I cant afford to to do this and own a car that is sat outside off the road .The finance company are saying I have to prove the car was not fit for purpose when I purchased it in August 2020 or they wont help me in any way . All this worry and stress is impacting on my mental health ,has anyone got any advise please
    Tags: None

If you reported this within 6 months then the dealer has to show that it was not defective when delivered. Have a read of the Consumer Rights Act 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      If you reported this within 6 months then the dealer has to show that it was not defective when delivered. Have a read of the Consumer Rights Act 2015
      Thank you .Will do .I phoned the dealer ,he said was lucky to get him on phone as they been closed due to covid , but at the time the car wouldn't go into 1st or reverse , this time smoke heavily coming from exhaust ,this was about 3 weeks ago ,could of been the start of turbo going though ,not sure ,as added a little bit more oil and suddenly drove ok ,thank you for your reply

Comment

You need to ask the AA / RAC or some other independent engineer for a report and then submit that to the finance company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X